A friend of mine has recently experienced an epileptic attack, and is now terrified of sleeping alone. Solution: he sleeps with his girlfriend every night, no more problems or panic attacks. I think this is the wrong way to go about it. It's a great thing that his girl wants to comfort and support him, but in my opinion he should always keep in mind that one day, one night, she might not be there and he needs to be prepared and ready to face that. A reasonably healthy adult person should not be so dependent on anyone that he can't function without that person. My boyfriend disagrees, says that I'm pessimist and always think that people will betray each other and stuff will fall apart, but I think I'm only realistic…
Quantumphysica Quantumphysica 18-21, F 9 Answers Dec 28, 2013 in Phobias

This is one of those that's hard to speculate till we've walked in another's shoes.

Funny though - two of human's greatest complaints are loneliness - and never getting time to oneself.

Best Answer

I don't have any fears and always do face anything come to my way...About a friend who been that way as he needs to find a way to make him get over how he feels...as my niece close friend when used to sleep over at...was that way as can't sleep but closely with her and to be so closely to her while they were asleep...so just it is hard but getting over it will need both psychic and support as well to get over it.

Best Answer

Facing your fears rather than running from them is ideal. And although the comfort from his girlfriend has subsided his attacks, part of the rational is that it is an uncontrollable (without medical intervention, which he should be seeking) physical condition. That if he were to be alone with no help, the physical trauma sustained could be life threatening.

Best Answer

Uh yeah you should

Best Answer

You are much smarter than your boyfriend.

Best Answer

Systematic Desensitization is probably a good place to start....Nice user name BTW.

Best Answer