Rogue56 Rogue56 22-25 9 Answers May 23, 2012

You should never feel obligated to anyone. Those answering yes well it's a cognitive error<br />
update:<br />
Those families are brainwashed to believe that is how things are but no, trust me. I teach that to criminals ready to release from jail as when the word obligated is involved it is cognitively wrong to think it is. <br />
One other example I can give to explain the cognitive error is, most or lots of people will say “I have to go buy groceries” I have to is obligation, no no “I am going to buy groceries “ is the way to switch the thinking scheme<br />
Bb luv, the only person your own obligation to is yourself first then maybe...

Best Answer

Sooo true. "I want to" was my first motivational switch, ( some well paid for corporate psychology ), and then it just becomes a mater of I will, or I will not.

Best Answer

Yep, unbelievably...once I imprint this new way of thinking to offenders, I have to extra train to prepare facing people outside with cognitive error thinking to help avoid re-offence or get upset and discouraged to reoffend. Each group class I have, some participants express “people outside need this course”

Best Answer

I've always have that belief. But when you're in an environment where everyone thinks: you should listen because it's family, saying no to family is disrespectful, and family always comes first, you're like that one yellow leaf hanging way off of that green family tree,so to speak. I love my family, I'll do things for them, but it's safe to say that I'm the odd one out, and family in my book, does not come first.

Best Answer

No you should be yourself. Family should want you to be happy / yourself, not to have you for themselves.

Best Answer

I agree, yet some families refuses to do that.

Best Answer

Seriously, it is tough for some of them at first. But stick to it. Don't live a life for someone else, no one owes anyone that.

Best Answer

I update answer for this 1

Best Answer

Absolutely not. Ask anyone with a seriously toxic family just how much involving yourself in their madness can hurt you.

Best Answer

No, no and another big fat, NO.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

No! Family or not, being in a relationship because of feelings of obligation is not good!

Best Answer

only to a certain extent helping them should not hurt you

Best Answer

yes, blood is thicker than water.

Best Answer

I've heard that so many times, but family sometimes bring out the worst in you. I know people who've had outsiders treat them better than their own family.

Best Answer