Amen to that...

Best Answer

Clearly his comment was written by someone who doesn't have children

Best Answer

I have Raised 5 Children to Adulthood. I knew where they were, and what they were doing, ALL the Time.

Best Answer

Well good on ya, some of us lesser Mortals don't want to leave it to the chance that someone might get into something (Plus I had a very active pair of twin boys)

Best Answer

No you didn't. You are either trying to fool other people or yourself.

Best Answer

Clearly, you don't Know me. When I wasn't watching the kids. my Wife was. They never left our sight except when they were sleeping,or playing in their rooms.

Best Answer

I have adult children and never childproofed my home. They didn't have all the gadgets they have now.

I just watched my kids like my mom watched me. When I told them to leave something alone, they left it alone. There is something to be said about children obeying their parents.

Best Answer

People aren't involved with their kids these days. You see it whenever you go anywhere. People doing their own thing,and their kids are running wild.
It is amazing how people take small children to the beach,then lay down and take a NAP with 3,and 4 year olds playing in the water,and maybe an 8 year old watching them. I stopped going to the beach because I spent the whole time watching the bobbing heads of all the children who's parents where laying back relaxing.
People may get away with that many times,but it's the times they don't that you hear about it on the news. There is no way to insure a child's safety,except by Watching them. If you raised children to adulthood you already know this. :)

Best Answer

You are so correct. How did our parents manage to raise us without child guards all over the house? It takes common sense and good parenting (i.e., watching them) to raise children.

I know what you are saying about the beach. The same thing happens time and time again in multiple situations. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we don't hear more horror stories because folk are just to busy to raise their child(ren). It's really said. I have a couple grandchildren now and still not a child guard in sight.

Oh, and going back a little. I really like your comment about you aren't watching your kids if they get out the door. AMEN!

Best Answer

We've become a "fire and forget" society. People are too busy to actually stop and watch... unless its on a child video monitor -- then, apparently, its OK.

Best Answer

THANK YOU!! someone with some common sense!

Best Answer

I find just saying CAREFUL on occasion does the trick.

Best Answer

And kill jobs in the industry? Are you crazy?

Best Answer

Yes! I'm grown with children of my own and my mom managed not allow me to kill myself! Kids today are too soft. Between not being allowed to explore and sitting all day in front of a video game it's a wonder they ever face the world.

Best Answer