jamesmethod jamesmethod 56-60, M 14 Answers Sep 24, 2012 in Community

Amen to that...

Best Answer

Clearly his comment was written by someone who doesn't have children

Best Answer

I have Raised 5 Children to Adulthood. I knew where they were, and what they were doing, ALL the Time.

Best Answer

Well good on ya, some of us lesser Mortals don't want to leave it to the chance that someone might get into something (Plus I had a very active pair of twin boys)

Best Answer

So you never went to the loo

Best Answer

No you didn't. You are either trying to fool other people or yourself.

Best Answer

Clearly, you don't Know me. When I wasn't watching the kids. my Wife was. They never left our sight except when they were sleeping,or playing in their rooms.

Best Answer

I have adult children and never childproofed my home. They didn't have all the gadgets they have now.

I just watched my kids like my mom watched me. When I told them to leave something alone, they left it alone. There is something to be said about children obeying their parents.

Best Answer

People aren't involved with their kids these days. You see it whenever you go anywhere. People doing their own thing,and their kids are running wild.
It is amazing how people take small children to the beach,then lay down and take a NAP with 3,and 4 year olds playing in the water,and maybe an 8 year old watching them. I stopped going to the beach because I spent the whole time watching the bobbing heads of all the children who's parents where laying back relaxing.
People may get away with that many times,but it's the times they don't that you hear about it on the news. There is no way to insure a child's safety,except by Watching them. If you raised children to adulthood you already know this. :)

Best Answer

You are so correct. How did our parents manage to raise us without child guards all over the house? It takes common sense and good parenting (i.e., watching them) to raise children.

I know what you are saying about the beach. The same thing happens time and time again in multiple situations. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we don't hear more horror stories because folk are just to busy to raise their child(ren). It's really said. I have a couple grandchildren now and still not a child guard in sight.

Oh, and going back a little. I really like your comment about you aren't watching your kids if they get out the door. AMEN!

Best Answer

We've become a "fire and forget" society. People are too busy to actually stop and watch... unless its on a child video monitor -- then, apparently, its OK.

Best Answer

THANK YOU!! someone with some common sense!

Best Answer

A Baby can drown in an inch of water in under a minute so I don't really get your just watch them attitude. They could be out a door that is not child proof in under that time too and onto a busy road or into a pool that is not child proof. Sure watch em but it is common sense to make it safer and child proof certain things. I have been with mine places and had the youngest standing right beside me only to discover that he had a desire to try bungee jumping and was headed for the jumping tower in a split second. He is now an extreme sportsperson and this was his nature. Life with him was always interesting as in a moment he could turn most anything into an extreme sport.

Best Answer

My watch them attitude, means if you are watching them they won't have the chance to go out your door, cause you know were they are and what they are doing. If a child gets out of your House ,you aren't watching them. :)

Best Answer

You don't ever go to the loo or turn your back to put the washing in the machine. Or be in the kitchen while two of them are playing outside only to see them flying past with one in a stroller and the other madly pushing that one off the deck. You must really have never got anything done at all then. Or perhaps you just don't have kids at all and are just condesending to others.

Best Answer

As I said before, I raised 5 to adulthood. If my kids were outside, I or my wife was out with them,or watching through the window.I wouldn't let them go outside by themselves until they were older.

Best Answer

I have the most gorgeous pictures of my son asleep outside with our golden retriever on the deck. I have also brought up several kids and they are all really successful adults. I watched mine closely when very little as well but I did go to the loo and didn't ask my husband to come home from work so I could. Glad you and your wife could be there so each could take a turn in the bathroom but not everyone can have two adults there 24 hours a day. Suppose you are also against things like 4 year olds racing motocross as mine were doing that as well. At times I couldn't even see them on the mx track when they were out of sight. They really enjoyed their childhood.

Best Answer

4 year olds on motorcycles ? You were Lucky. Your Bathroom argument is extreme,and exaggerated.

Best Answer

I find just saying CAREFUL on occasion does the trick.

Best Answer

And kill jobs in the industry? Are you crazy?

Best Answer

Yes! I'm grown with children of my own and my mom managed not allow me to kill myself! Kids today are too soft. Between not being allowed to explore and sitting all day in front of a video game it's a wonder they ever face the world.

Best Answer