jamesmethod jamesmethod 56-60, M 13 Answers Sep 24, 2012 in Community

Amen to that...

Best Answer

Clearly his comment was written by someone who doesn't have children

Best Answer

I have Raised 5 Children to Adulthood. I knew where they were, and what they were doing, ALL the Time.

Best Answer

Well good on ya, some of us lesser Mortals don't want to leave it to the chance that someone might get into something (Plus I had a very active pair of twin boys)

Best Answer

So you never went to the loo

Best Answer

No you didn't. You are either trying to fool other people or yourself.

Best Answer

Clearly, you don't Know me. When I wasn't watching the kids. my Wife was. They never left our sight except when they were sleeping,or playing in their rooms.

Best Answer

A Baby can drown in an inch of water in under a minute so I don't really get your just watch them attitude. They could be out a door that is not child proof in under that time too and onto a busy road or into a pool that is not child proof. Sure watch em but it is common sense to make it safer and child proof certain things. I have been with mine places and had the youngest standing right beside me only to discover that he had a desire to try bungee jumping and was headed for the jumping tower in a split second. He is now an extreme sportsperson and this was his nature. Life with him was always interesting as in a moment he could turn most anything into an extreme sport.

Best Answer

My watch them attitude, means if you are watching them they won't have the chance to go out your door, cause you know were they are and what they are doing. If a child gets out of your House ,you aren't watching them. :)

Best Answer

You don't ever go to the loo or turn your back to put the washing in the machine. Or be in the kitchen while two of them are playing outside only to see them flying past with one in a stroller and the other madly pushing that one off the deck. You must really have never got anything done at all then. Or perhaps you just don't have kids at all and are just condesending to others.

Best Answer

As I said before, I raised 5 to adulthood. If my kids were outside, I or my wife was out with them,or watching through the window.I wouldn't let them go outside by themselves until they were older.

Best Answer

I have the most gorgeous pictures of my son asleep outside with our golden retriever on the deck. I have also brought up several kids and they are all really successful adults. I watched mine closely when very little as well but I did go to the loo and didn't ask my husband to come home from work so I could. Glad you and your wife could be there so each could take a turn in the bathroom but not everyone can have two adults there 24 hours a day. Suppose you are also against things like 4 year olds racing motocross as mine were doing that as well. At times I couldn't even see them on the mx track when they were out of sight. They really enjoyed their childhood.

Best Answer

4 year olds on motorcycles ? You were Lucky. Your Bathroom argument is extreme,and exaggerated.

Best Answer

I find just saying CAREFUL on occasion does the trick.

Best Answer

We've become a "fire and forget" society. People are too busy to actually stop and watch... unless its on a child video monitor -- then, apparently, its OK.

Best Answer

THANK YOU!! someone with some common sense!

Best Answer

And kill jobs in the industry? Are you crazy?

Best Answer