tone77 tone77 41-45, M 7 Answers Feb 18, 2013 in Travel

My father just remarried a woman from Kyrgyzstan!

I lived in Guatemala as a kid - I got to visit a few other Central American countries. I liked much of Guatemala - Rio Dulce, Tikal, Antigua...

I would love to visit Patagonia in Argentina/Chile. I'd also love to visit the Andes/Peru, and would love to visit Belize, Brazil, the Salt Flats in Bolivia... plenty of sights to see!

If you'd like to travel the middle east but are concered about travel security in the "stans", visit Turkey instead. Turkey is astounding.

Best Answer

I think they are all wonderful in their own way.

I´ve been to Panama, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador and they all have great food, beautiful landscapes and interesting places to visit. Latin American people is quite friendly too, so that is always a plus when you travel.

Best Answer

I agree, it's a good part of the world to travel in. I guess I liked Ecuador the best. I have also been to Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Peru.

Best Answer

Gotta love my beautiful Argentina

Best Answer

I moved from So. Cal. to San Felipe, Mex. Feb. 22nd 2012 and have my eyes on Costa Rica!

Best Answer

What are the Stans?

Best Answer

In Arabic, the suffix "-stan" means 'place of' or 'country'.
Stan Countries: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

Best Answer

Iran & a number of other countries also have many provinces and cities with the suffix -stan.

Best Answer

Gotcha.

Best Answer

I go to Astan all the time...great vaca hot spot

Best Answer