1maestra1 1maestra1 36-40, F 7 Answers Jul 16, 2012

I try to think of how I can be MORE anxious and try to panic more....it works to calm me down, no idea why.

Best Answer

Do NOT breathe into a brown paper bag! That's what they used to tell you, but all you are doing is increasing the CO2 in your body, making it worse. You need oxygen. You need to find a support person to call who can talk to you when you are panicking, you need to concentrate on slowing your breathing. Me and my mom both have severe panic attacks and we call each other when we feel one coming on. I have found that talking it out helps a lot. And xanax.

Best Answer

It is by far the best to see a doctor and get professional advice rather than counting and paper bags. DO so before they escalate. Panic attacks are very nasty and are not something you should tolerate without professional help.

Best Answer

this happened to me, too, after the birth of my 2nd child. Once I knew it wasn't a heart attack (it was scary), when I felt it starting I closed my eyes, focused on my breathing, and told myself I was ok and waited for it to pass. If you can't manage, talk to your dr.

Best Answer

are they all the time or is it something triggering the attacks....work on on is cause the attacks

Best Answer

Try counting from 1-10 slowly & write down a list of what gets you in a serious panic..? if nothing works seek medical help...

Best Answer