Personally I think there are people behind the scenes that want us to be at each others throats. A house divided cannot stand.
puck61 puck61 51-55, M 19 Answers Aug 10, 2012 in WTK

The people themselves. Wanting the government to take care of them and giving up there freedoms for that security. It was a wise man who said that giving up freedom for security will result in the loss of both, and that's exactly what's happening in the U.S.

Best Answer

That's a part of how I feel about it. I'm kind of a Reaganite.

Best Answer

As am I. Unfortunately, I think perhaps the U.S. has passed the bingo point. The point of no return.

Best Answer

Tocqueville analyzed and wrote about what made America great. He determined that our greatness emanated from the model of small government that focused mainly on protecting the country and its citizens. People enjoyed their freedoms, were taxed very little, and didn't have the government in their lives at all. Many politicians served a few terms but returned to being regular citizens after their terms ended. Our early government model amazed most scholars who could only wish for such a system in their counties. <br />
Sadly, we don't have that model now. Our government is a monstrosity. Many government bureaucrats AND politicians believe that the citizens should serve the government as opposed to the government serving its citizens -- that mindset is the root of our country's problems, and will only change after the citizens wake up and vote for politicians who WILL reduce the size of our intrusive and regulatory government.

Best Answer

I agree, most people blame all of our problems on the President because he is easy to blame since he is in fact, the one "in charge." However, I had always thought we were all about the "For the people," and the whole democracy style of government. Apparently, I'm wrong. It seems as though the people are allowing the power to go to those that want it for all the wrong reasons, and aren't doing anything whatsoever about it. The government has wayyy too much power, and the people are just lazy and don't vote, or don't even research their options. The media is a huge factor as well. It's very liberal, and sometimes the truth doesn't come out like it should. Honestly, we just need people with values and morals in office. So if we can become more knowledgeable and honest, as well as work on our morals, we can then move forward to all of the other issues that need to be addressed.

Best Answer

It's refreshing to hear a young person talk this way. Kudos.

Best Answer

Why thank you. I'm really into this kind of stuff actually. Hopefully someday I'll be able to change things and help keep us from running off the fiscal cliff of no return.

Best Answer

Probably stop playing the blame game, it hasn't done Obama any good, it never does anyone any good, we need to look back at what we've done, accept we did it and figure out ways to fix it. Which is basically impossible, so, damage control anyone?

Best Answer

Sensible. Maybe Joe Public needs to assume some of the blame on both sides of the aisle.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

Yup. We voted them in. Sit by while they do whatever, generally, so yeah.

Best Answer

Quick! Shove the d@mmed thing back in the bag.

Best Answer

laughed out loud......honest I did!

Best Answer

Haven't you heard? Its Bushes fault.

Best Answer

The blame, as they say, is within ourselves.<br />
More immediately, however, the blame lies within our political class, our media, and our educational institutions. <br />
The political class because without regard to party, they place their own personal interests ahead of the nations's; our media because they no longer serve as journalists of truth, but advocate for their own culture and values; and our educational institutions because they have failed to teach our children true history of our great nation and the world, the relative greatness of our Constitution and form of government, or the exceptional fashion in which we have again and again given our lives and our treasure to support freedom, liberty, and self-government throughout the world.

Best Answer

I share those feelings. In my opinion, way too much truth has been sacrificed at the altar of political correctness.

Best Answer

woodrow wilson. he's the one who took us off the gold standard and sold us out to bankers.

Best Answer

First off the US is not the only one's having major problems. <br />
It is the world Economy in how it is used and abused.<br />
To bad we couldn't level out the rich and poor to see how the world would work then.<br />
The greed in our world is the cause... the attitude is I need to better off then my neighbor instead of saying, my neighbor and I could enjoy this together if we share. <br />
That can be used at a higher level but is not..

Best Answer

I'm not American, but is it maybe easier to eliminate people that AREN'T to blame for America's problems? I don't think leprechauns had anything to do with America's problems....or maybe they all of a sudden quit showing up and handing Americans money??? Or gave them money that was fake and disappeared?

Best Answer

So leprechauns could actually be to blame when all is said and done!

Best Answer

lol. I see no leprechauns here to defend themselves....I vote the leprechauns are to blame!

Best Answer

not Ned Kelly<br />
American needs to look at themselves first

Best Answer

We've started some serious soul searching and we owe it mostly to you, Ned!

Best Answer

Past Policies made by not so good politicians that had only there own *** in mind =D

Best Answer

the *** is A$$ LOL

Best Answer