As more and more confirmed reports come in of Syrian massacres of children murdered by having their throats cut, and the toothless UN trying to convince us that a peace plan is operational, we just sit and wait for what? Russia vetoes any military intervention on the grounds that it would herald in `Regime Change` History shows that Stalin had similar plans for his own people, this type of butchery runs in their blood. So what are we really waiting for?
dougle dougle 66-70, M 9 Answers May 29, 2012

I'm assuming it has something to do with the FACT that Russia has the largest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction in the world, with over 39,000 tons of chemical weapons, and 4,650 active nuclear warheads.

Russia has an estimated 367 ICBM land-based nuclear missiles in silos (with 1,248 warheads), and 13 SSBN with 591 warheads.

Russia has 12 submarines carrying 609 nuclear warheads.

Russia has 76 bombers carrying up to 884 nuclear cruise missiles.

I think strategy has a lot to do with dealing with Russia and Syria. Jumping in and making a decision without having all of the facts will certainly lead to unnecessary destruction and loss of life.

Best Answer

I suppose you are right, but I couldn`t just watch an execution of a child even if it meant losing my own. Couldn`t live myself, and this current watching will take it`s moral toll, there`s no escape from duty here.

Best Answer

Theyre not some pushover country!

Best Answer

As much as I admire your gusto, the US track record in wars for the past while hasn't really been that great. Maybe you guys should take up a new hobby like checkers.

Best Answer

You are probably right, but Scots are notorious letting hearts rule heads. Taking a passive, philosophical view of children being executed doesn`t fit in somehow

Best Answer

Russia has lots of nuclear weapons more than USA does

Best Answer

Yet the U.S.A is still the only nation to actually use nuclear weapons on an enemy...

Best Answer

Well, during the cold war, when it was the Soviet Union, we were pretty paranold. I remember being a school girl during the "duck and cover" drills that we foolishly thought might save us in the event of a nuclear bomb attack by the Soviets. Many people were convinced they were just waiting for a chance to make America Communist.

Best Answer

If we continue to `duck and cover` and wait until the last child`s throat is cut it will the first time in modern history that civilised states have become complicit in mass murder.

Best Answer

Speaking only of "modern" history, I guess you didn't consider Germany civilised before the Holocaust or Eastern Europe civilised before Kosovo. This would hardly be the first time so called "civilised" nations were complicit in mass murder, even in modern times.

Best Answer

We are stretched pretty thin at that moment. By your age and history I can understand why this is a sensitive issue for you and the anger must run deep. I don't want to belittle the situation at all. I don't think we are in a place where we can do anything about it besides vote in some UN sanctions sad to say.

Best Answer

I agree with what you say, but the price of philosophy here is a moral death for The West.

Best Answer

I do not wish to go to war with Russia or anybody for that matter so you speak alone my foolish friend.

Best Answer

It`s my heart that speaks, it`s never let me down.

Best Answer

There was this thing called the cold war......could be that Russia has naval bases in Syria.....oh and the fact that we still have thousands of megatons of Hydrogen bombs pointed at each other.

Best Answer