at 19 it hardly matters. but anti-social is your biggest clue there. the answer is in your question. no one wants to be with an anti-social person.

Best Answer

Dude, your 19 yrs old, not 90 yrs old. And dont lose hope, sooner or later you'll find the right girl but you have to adjust, from "anti" to "sociable" person. I myself was a loner once but I realize that I must change it cause you must have friends that you can rely on and now I have good P.R I have access to friends and girls but, as a friendly advice choose your friends cause not all of them will do you no good.

Best Answer

its harder to meet people if you are an antisocial personality but it can happen

Best Answer

Everyone can change. I was like that once and I changed in less then a month. Its the music, man :)

Best Answer

Well I can't say for certain, but odds are that yes, you'll find the right girl. I'm not you and your experience is unique, but I was pretty much in exactly your shoes when I was your age. I was not good at picking up women, I didn't have much confidence, and I didn't have a large social circle I hung out with. That said, I'm now 31 and have been with a wonderful woman for eight years, and had a few good relationships before I found my current wife.<br />
You're smart enough to know that "forever" is meaningless at your age - people change too much. So forget the forever and instead focus on "I'm single right now and don't know how to fix the situation."<br />
I recommend joining a campus group. Hear me out on this, because that's not an appealing prospect for a lot of people. Around 20 or so I started to get heavily involved in activist politics and met a TON of people through activism. You may not be political, but I'm sure you have hobbies or interests. Find some (preferably with women members), show up to a meeting, and volunteer. These groups are always happy to see new blood, and you'll have a ton of opportunities to meet people with common interest to yours, and of course a lot of women. <br />
Anyways, there's some advice. I'm confident you'll find SEVERAL right girls over your lifetime. But your lifetime will take for freakin' ever. IN the short term, try out some campus groups. New friends, new women, and a cause you can apply yourself to. Only benefits.

Best Answer

Just be hopeful and try not to think about it. Concentrate on work and enjoying life with friends. I know it's hard( believe me i'm 19 and never been in a relationship) but just keep on trying and don't give up. If you ever need someone to talk or just vent to, drop me a message :)

Best Answer

Thanks =)

Best Answer

I've learned that the more you call yourself antisocial, the more antisocial you are. I go to a small community college with lots of moms and dads so I feel ya there. I don't think there's anything wrong with being single. If there isn't anyone that stands out then there will be one some one eventually. It's probably also different because you moved in to this group of friends via your brother so you haven't made your own acquaintances maybe?

Best Answer

Thanks and I agree with you to an extent. I am currently talking with a consultant (was one of my past instructors) and he is doing everything for free. He generally works with CEOs of companys so hes good at what he does. I took a personality test and it basically gave a good run down of who I am. Being somewhat anti-social is who I am. Can I work to change this? Yes, but at the same time its simply the type of person I am and choose to be.
Also with my brothers and not having my own acquaintances I feel is very true. I don't feel like I'm "part of the group". Meeting new friends sounds like what I need where I was hoping college would help with that, but all the friends I have made their all live several hours away from me. My drive to school is nearly an hour and a half away and its even further for some of my classmates.

Best Answer

Well you're at least making an effort! I moved to where I live now when I was a freshman in high school and I have a twin, so I was used to hanging out with her and her friends. But it took me a while to realize that I don't even want to be someone who is a socialite. I would much rather stay in with a few friends than go out for the night. There's nothing wrong with not having it figured out yet! I live on a peninsula that is completely dead in the winter, so everyone who goes to my school doesn't live here. I ended up getting a job in a populated town and that is how I know all of my closest friends. It's different for everyone, and maybe you aren't as anti-social as you believe yourself to be?

Best Answer

Yeah it sounds like we have some similarities. I do not have a job at the moment. I don't exactly need one I live at home and I am putting in over 60+ hours each week studying (at home) and going to school. Maybe a job will help open up some new friendships though and might be something worth making time for.

Best Answer

Definitely. I mean i have scholarships for school but in order to get to my classes i needed to pay for parts for my horribly old car, so that was my original motivation. But i ended up really having a good time, and its the best job ive ever had. Who knows, a job could be the last thing you need, but it's really helped me!

Best Answer

Yeah, although I've looked for jobs and I can't seem to find one that I will enjoy. Yeah I'm young and simply working at the grocery store, or fast food would work. But I've worked jobs like those before and I just am really unhappy with it. Thats the main reason I chose to even go to college. Simply so that I could get a job that I can enjoy. Maybe I shouldn't be so picky though and find a temporary job. I will have my associates degree within the next 12-15 months so a temporary job might not be that bad of an idea.

Best Answer

Im going to school for, well, eventually for art, but right now Im just a liberal arts major. I've started taking classes for an art major just in case, so the job I have is baking and decorating cupcakes in a little organic shop. Stick to the independent businesses. Much more locals come around!

Best Answer

Good luck with getting your degree!
Thank you again for being as helpful as you have been I really do appreciate it. =)

Best Answer

Thanks and just don't worry about it. I think constantly thinking about it is where the problem is starting. Good luck!

Best Answer

I have had to deal with this through out my life. So, ba<x>sed on my experience, and I realize this sounds ridiculously cliche(but I am only 2 years older than you) but I would recommend just not worrying about it right now. Your'e by no means at the point in your life where you should be worrying about finding the right girl. Just focus on some one to have a conversation with. If it doesn't go anywhere it's not a problem because you have another 60+ years to find the "right girl". But if you really want to find the right girl, put yourself in situations where you are forced to at least interact with other people in some form. I absolutely hated it at first, and I came to realize that I am a habitual bridge-burner and quitter, but if you join a club, study group, or organization at school or a local sports team (I prefer rugby myself) then you are bound to make friends (even if they are not always women) who will eventually take you out of your shell. I was the same exact way not even 3 months ago, and I sort of just decided to get over it and put myself out there, because if I didn't I would never experience life.Good luck!

Best Answer

Yeah I understand its one of those things that I shouldn't worry about but hey, I'm a guy I need sex and I am NOT the type that can go hook up with some girl, get laid, and just forget about it. I've tried several times and it's not who I am. I'm not saying your meaning for me to do this, but my point is I need a love life as does everyone.
The right situations I feel is exactly what I need but I don't feel like I am getting anywhere near the "right situation". I go to parties, I go out into public. I just don't know where to begin.

Best Answer

Try church. They love newcomers and it will give you an opportunity to introduce yourself to new people. Also, most girls you meet in church you would hope would have a similar mentality about one-night stands as you. They have youth groups which are usually geared towards people within your age range.

Best Answer

Church is a problem with me. I feel like it would be disrespectful for me to attend church. I'm not religious but I am spiritual. Religion just isn't one of those things I feel is right for me. I don't agree with everything that they do.

Best Answer

Also focus on being successful first... Women are attracted (in my opinion) to guys with drive and who exhibit traits of going places. For example I was at a NYE party last night and there was at least 4 beautiful women there with unattractive husbands. No offense to them, they were all nice and great guys. The thing was that the men were all relatively successful. Call them gold diggers, but if your'e successful enough women will seek you out. A lot of times women tend to want security in the future, and will occasionally look to their mates to provide that. That is not to say that women cannot be independent and outrageously more successful then their husbands, because it does go both ways, but women have traditionally (regardless if you agree or not) taken the role of the nuturer and carer for the child(ren) in our society. Its similar in other animals (except penguins) because it has to do with the natural formed bond between a breast feeding mother and her baby.

Best Answer

There are churches that are for people exactly like yourself. You just have to seek them out. I'm not religious either and I do not believed in organized religion. However, it could be viewed more of as a family.

Best Answer

Alright thank you for your replies. I'll have to check out some of those churches and maybe give them a shot. And yes focusing on beign successful first is one of my top priorities but being single is slowly taking its toll.

Best Answer

Goodness. Why do people give up when they are so young??<br />
You're in school. After that comes life. <br />
You will mature. There will be women around you....all over the place. You'll be in all sorts of situations where you will have a chance to meet them. <br />
The "right girl" might end up being a woman you meet in a checkout line....or a nurse who takes your blood pressure. <br />
Try to overcome your shyness a bit. Make friends, concentrate on being a successful guy and finding out who you are. Time changes things.

Best Answer

Thank you and yes I am young but I have an old soul.
I guess my biggest problem is actually meeting women in the first place. The ones I do meet are married or have been in their relationship for a year plus. As I said above the right situation is what I feel like I need.

Best Answer

If you can hold a conversation like you said, one thing to work on is to initiate. You're not shy so I think you can start a conversation, too. Find something that's interesting to people. Leave doors open for new friends or at least acquaintances. Good luck to you. :)

Best Answer

I'm not exactly sure how to initiate. If I am around a group of friends yeah I can initiate conversations, but if its around a group of people I don't know I tend to just sit back and listen in, comment on something if I feel like I understand what they're talking about and what not.

Best Answer

Well, I'm not sure what to say. It's different if you're wanting to meet people to date and wanting to meet people to be friends first. Try the second one, I suggest. hehe. You're young. I believe you'll be more sociable in the near future. (sorry for this confusing answer. LOL)

Best Answer

Not a problem, my reply wasn't exactly specific haha. But yeah maybe focusing on meeting new friends first will help out considerably.

Best Answer