iguanachips iguanachips 41-45, F 10 Answers Mar 6, 2012

It does in the form of welfare for poor people. But many of us don't want the government in our lives that deeply. <br />
What we really need is someone to stop the monopoly of the health care givers and drug companies. It is them who have priced us out of affordable health care...

Best Answer

I've heard American friends (1 is a doctor) complain about HMOs and drug companies being allowed to dictate to them. I'm not totally sure what it all means but it sounds like the big guys picking on the little guys. I hope somebody has the guys to legislate against this, oldfarmguy. I like Americans and I want you guys to have the same respect for your health as the rest of your allies have.

Best Answer

The Us does to a point with Medicaid and Medicare- but its so clusterfkkkd- and there is so much waste you'd hardly know it

Best Answer

That's really sad to hear. Maybe some of the anger created by the economic crisis will be channelled into creating some change towards efficiency here.

Best Answer

I'm with you

Best Answer

Because medicine is big business and has a lot of influence on politicians, because to fund such a program means the rich might have to pay more in taxes instead of less, because the extreme right wing believes the government should just let people who can't afford insurance suffer because it's their own fault for not having the money for insurance.

Best Answer

That's some twisted thinking, there. It is my hope that now (as there are more Americans below the poverty line in history) that these numbers will vote and affect some change toward a more humane system.

Best Answer

Because countries like England and France that have it are seeing it drive them broke faster than we are going broke.

Best Answer

Socialized medicine is hardly the only cause of the financial problems of these countries; if they could get people actually working and off the dole, the medicine would be easy to deal with. Though, from what I've heard, the British medical system is not as efficient as the US's.

Best Answer

Australia, New Zealand and Canada (to name a few) have this and we are not broke. You've been listening to propaganda, Twyla-mate. Ignore it. Fight for your human rights.

Best Answer

To paraphrase Scrooge--Let the poor die and decrease the excess population

Best Answer

Right--if they weren't lazy they'd be out there working at all those jobs that don't exist.

Best Answer

tablets are a new curencey.

Best Answer

Eeeee ! They deserve what we have, don't they, blinky ?

Best Answer

i think so. a more compassionate system, i think ours is somewhat based on socialisim where as americas is big business.

Best Answer

2 am iggy i am gonna try and ger some shut eye, good night all you good folks

Best Answer

Sweet dreams, blinky.

Best Answer

Thanks for the interest--so many of us are being victimized by the rich. Oil companies, banks, etc--all getting rich while the middle class is sinking into poverty at their hands.

Best Answer

It's sick that money is an issue where health is involved. From what I understand, US hospitals are victimised in this way, too, throught lack of proper funding.

Best Answer

Have you looked at bank stocks lately? How about oil stocks. The performance doesn't match the rhetoric. Yes, oil companies make tons of money - but they are also some of the most widely distributed stocks in the world. Any amount of money spread a lot of ways doesn't become huge profits anymore. Chances are you have oil stockings in a 401K investment plan or pension and don't even know it. Most do.

Best Answer

$4,000 to walk in the door--I don't think they need funding. I will never do that again--I'll take my chances next time.

Best Answer

Twyla, banks stocks have not suffered due to health care. US stocks should be proof of that. They are as crappy as your health care system. Anyone with half a brain can see that the two are not related. Don't believe the propaganda, mate. It's designed by those who are happy to profit from the suffering of others.

Best Answer

The sad thing is that the US government spends tons of money (about 50% of all healthcare spending is done by the government), and only covers a tiny percentage of the population (govt workers, veterans, the old and poor).

Best Answer

socialized medicine is laughable

Best Answer

In what way is Australia's successful socialised medicine laughable ? Our people don't die or get into unmanageable debt throught sickness. How is any of this funny, mate ?

Best Answer

if you got seriously ill. where would you go in the world? be honest

Best Answer

My local hospital. Why do you think I would not be honest about this ?

Best Answer

Healthcare is a part of capitalism and money is god and king in the good old USA.

Best Answer

Then your god is a fraud, my friend.

Best Answer

chips i appreciate your honesty and i didnt mean to offend. However the idea of socialized med. does not sit well with me.

Best Answer