If only a candidate would arrive that could protect the integrity of America's awful fast food. These are the issues that truly matter.

Best Answer

I don't know if you're being facetious or not with your answer: "If only a candidate would arrive that could protect the integrity of America's awful fast food."
It is not for a candidate/elected person to do that. It is the responsibility of the industry to provide healthier fast food, which many of them are starting to do.
I don't want any government agency or "leader" telling me what I can or cannot eat.

Best Answer

I was being facetious. And yeah. I think the government's responsibility is to work to alleviate poverty, which is what drives stuff like the obesity epidemic. Regulating fast food and trans fats and soda sizes doesn't fix the problem.

Best Answer

There has never been a government in the history of the world that has relieved poverty. They think welfare is the answer. Welfare only creates generational poverty.

Best Answer

Can you prove that? The US has very weak welfare compared to say, Canada. The US is at around 15% poverty while Canada, which has much stronger welfare and universal healthcare and whatnot, has 10% poverty. Sweden, which is a mixed economy, is at 6%. There are other issues you can have about regulating the free market, but from what I can see the more you do it, the lower the poverty rate.

Best Answer

Show me one country that has a 0% poverty rate, that has been done by the government.

Best Answer