My snake is extremely aggressive, he tries to attack me through the glass of his terrarium (when I walk by). He's a California King snake, at least 3 months old (pretty tiny bugger) and had no issues with his breeder. I've had him for a month and a half and he's Ok after a few minutes of me picking me up. He eats on a weekly basis, has only shed once since he's been here (shortly after he arrived). I'm not sure what his issue is, but I'd like to find out. I want him to feel comfortable in his surroundings, even when I'm in the room. His cool side is room temperature of 70 - 75 and his warm side ranges from 80 - 90 degrees f. He's got a cave, a hide and a water dish, pretty made for a snake.
daaytripper daaytripper 18-21, F 8 Answers Nov 18, 2012 in Community

chop.his head off

Best Answer

Obvious troll is obvious.

Best Answer

i have two boas and sometimes my snakes get in a bad mood and try to strike....other times they are pretty damn docile......its a roulette kind of thing when i choose to handle my snakes

Best Answer

Not familiar with that kind of snake..but how often is he handled? Like on EP'r said could just be a feisty little guy, I am more familiar with Pythons. =)

Best Answer

They're supposed to be a pretty chill breed, but I just happened to get the one out of a million that's a complete nut :p I handle him daily for 10 - 20 minutes, unless he ate then I wait 48 hours.

Best Answer

Well its not unlike how I am with my pythons (when I had them) they are a pretty chill breed too. As long as you handle them. The bigger the better actually with them. It happens with alot of breen of animals. My sister got a nutcase for a lovebird. Actually had to put it down. cause it was soo crazy. they need companions...she had one but almost killed it. So completely nuts..xD. I would just keep doing what your doing. Maybe in time as he/she gets older will settle down.

Best Answer

breen...should of been breed..xD

Best Answer

He could injure his teeth and suffer mouth rot or bruise his nose by striking any hard surface such as that glass pane. You must put an end to that before your snake injures itself. Make the glass pane opaque, if necessary, so that your presence doesn't startle the snake.

Best Answer

Yeah exactly, that's what I'm worried about! A lot of my friends who handle snaked told me that he'll most likely get used to me, but it's been a month already. I just wanted a second opinion!

Best Answer

I don't have a problem with snakes at all. But what a boring pet. same with fish, sp*ders (sorry I hate them and can't even say the word), or any type of reptile or bug or whatever. Still snakes are pretty cool.

Best Answer

Spiders are pretty cool, I was going to get a tarantula before Jack (snake), but the idea of handling one and cleaning his tank was more than enough for me to change my mind. Those ******* are fast runners :p Jack is a pretty nifty pet! I love just letting him slither around, however it's extremely difficult when he views me as a predator :l

Best Answer

Sometimes you just get a fiesty one.

Best Answer