RaSpade RaSpade 18-21, M 4 Answers Jun 27, 2012

I just highlight the entire body of the text in MS Word and hit 'control' and then 'c' to copy it. Then, when I'm on my story page in EP, I hit 'control' and then 'v' to paste. It works every time for me!

Best Answer

not for me

Best Answer

Wow... I'd be really upset about that. Can you contact the EP staff and get some answers?

Best Answer

Anything copy pasted from MS Word is gonna have underlying code in it and may get hosed when you try to paste it here. There are a couple of things you can do to fix that.<br />
1. Resave your MS Word document as a plain text file (.txt) then click that document (it should then open in your default plain text editor, usually NotePad) and copy paste from there.<br />
2. Copy the text from MS Word, paste it into NotePad (which will ***** away any underlying code) then copy/paste from NotePad to the web interface.

Best Answer

I did the 2nd option, it didn't work. Why is Ep acting like this? I am feeling a bit annoyed

Best Answer

You're certain you pasted it into NotePad? [Not WordPad, that won't work]. Also, just to make sure you don't have a catch 22 lurking, open Word, copy the text. Open NotePad (Start/Accessories/Notepad), paste in the text. Close Word. Go back to NotePad, click anywhere inside the text menu, hold down the Ctrl key and tap the letter "a" on your keyboard (this selects all the text). Now hold down the Ctrl key and tap the letter "c" on your keyboard (this copies the highlighted text). Now paste it to the web interface (left click one time inside the text box on the web, hold down the Ctrl key and tap the letter "v" (this will paste the text from your clipboard to the web).

Best Answer

Yes, no problem. After you've copied from MicrosoftWord comment and returned to the EP screen, repeat the left-click of your mouse in the EP answer window to get the 'l' bar showing in the left upper corner of the answer window, then right-click your mouse to give you the 'undo/cut/copy/paste/select all' menu. Then left-click on 'paste'.<br />
Voila! (we hope)

Best Answer

When I copy my story and put it on here to post it didn't work. It keeps on saying error maybe it's because of the 5 paragraphs hmm..

Best Answer

Could be. Try copying one paragraph at a time. If that doesn't work, all in one window, then there may be a character limit. If so, then do it in instalments comments, or as attached replies. Per Ardua Ad Astra.

Best Answer