You think they'd get the hell over it, they lost....36 times.
GnatFree GnatFree 26-30, F 10 Answers May 17, 2013 in Politics

Yes, you would think so. It's not like they don't have other things that need to get done.

Best Answer

Most states have refused to implement that disaster for the people. The IRS is a corrupt organization that can't be trusted running our health care. And massive increases in health care costs will harm every American. Glad that at least half of Congress is trying to make things better for America.<br />
UPDATE: From today's news: <br />
The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.<br />
Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.

Best Answer

The IRS has nothing to do with this why bring it up? Premiums have increased by the smallest amounts in YEARS (http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/14/pf/health-insurance-premiums/index.html) , and thanks to the ACA 6.3 million seniors (including my grandmother) and people with disabilities have saved over 6.1 BILLION on prescription drugs since the law was enacted, (blog.medicare.gov/category/affordable-care-act/). Lastly by my count only 15 states have blocked the ACA through legislation.http://www.advisory.com/Daily-Briefing/2012/11/09/MedicaidMap So tell me another load of crap.

Best Answer

Why are you being dishonest Gnatfree?I will not call you a liar because perhaps you are misinformed but how does a law "saved over 6.1 BILLION on prescription drugs since the law was enacted," when it has not even been enacted yet?I am a business owner and in talking to the health care insurer I use for my business has told me they are not 100% sure what it will be like when the law goes in to affect in 2014!So please do not claim the law is saving anyone anything yet until it actually goes in to affect.

Best Answer

Either you are woefully ignorant or lying. Perhaps just ignorant. The IRS has everything to do with Odumbocare. The IRS is demanding 15,000 more employees to collect all the money and YOUR HEALTH RECORDS according to the law. It requires the IRS to be in charge our OUR health care. That criminal organization should be repealed, not given our health care.

Best Answer

Huh? You realize obamacare starts in parts right? and it's staggered to take effect over years? And that the costs saved were by the ACA's passing closing the "donut hole" in the Medicare Part D prescription drugs plan? Plus that this took effect in 2010? Because what you're babbling about is wrong. http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2013pres/ 03/20130321a.html

Best Answer

Please point out on this site WHERE it says your medical records will be turned over tot he IRS? http://www.irs.gov/uac/ Affordable-Care-Act-Tax-Provisions

Best Answer

The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.

Best Answer

That link I posted tells you everything the IRS has to do with the ACA, and not one of them says anything about medical records or the IRS deciding care. Please cite sources, like I have or I'll continue assuming you're just full of ****. Plus

Best Answer

In their minds they're in the Alamo, holding their tattered flag high in the bullet-ridden air.

Best Answer

Making assumptions much? I live in a country with a decent healthcare system. It's affordable to anyone. It costs our citizens much less to run than the overly privatised US system with huge corporate profits. Our country is prosperous, and not socialist. Obamacare and what preceded it puts the US health system at #38 in the world according to the World Health Organisation.

Best Answer

Plus he's lying when he says they've only voted on parts of it, check his actual answer and my responses.

Best Answer

Jones47's claims "I know the Washington Post' is claiming 37 times, but even they cannot support their numbers".....Well, Jones, as usual, you are wrong!...."House Republicans on Thursday will vote -- for the 37th time --to repeal the Affordable Care Act...With that vote, the GOP is attempting to keep it's ba<x>se happy, while once again raising the ire of their colleagues across the aisle."<br />
www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584732/house-gop-to-vote-on-obamacare-repeal-vol-37

Best Answer

Also here's the list of legislation voted on by the senate and house. MIND THE SPACE http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/ legislative/a_three_sections_with_teasers/votes.htm

Best Answer

I think it if it were put to a referendum that it would not have passed to begin with. Especially now that people know more about it and all of the loop holes and pitfalls.

Best Answer

If ending slavery was put to a voter referendum it wouldn't have passed, nor would the end of segregation, or interracial marriage, or the right to abortion.

Best Answer

They would have happened either way. Maybe the American people are not ready for this intrusion of government into health care yet.

Best Answer

They would be if idiots like lost in Chicago and dozer would stop spreading lies about it. You know my sister works in the medicare system, her job is to help people sign up. Everyday she has to answer three questions that in my opinion shouldn't even been thought of: "Is it true that the government can euthanize me?" "Is it true that I need to get a RFID chip implanted?" "Is it true that I will be penalized for being obese/smoker/diabetic/disabled?" If idiots would stop lying about what the system is more people would support it. I'd prefer socialized medicine personally, but I suppose this is better than nothing.

Best Answer

actually, Gnat, many states put the issue of slavery to a state constitution vote (not referendum), before it was a federal law. This process is common in the US, numerous states will make a change first, and then the federal government will make it a law of the land. I expect marijuana use to become legal if more states pass laws of approval.

Best Answer

Those questions seem silly except the euthanasia. It is true that we will not be carted off to a death camp but at the same time medicare will stop paying for treatment on people that are old and have little left to contribute to society. This has been said several times that it is not cost effective to do. I do not share the two you mentioned views on this but at the same time I do not trust this government to do what is in my best interests either. To them I am nothing more than a number in a group of numbers calculating costs vs benefits. I do not feel it is fair that if a individual does not want to participate in group health benefits that they should be forced and or penalized.
The people who wrote the current bill should be ashamed of it. If it were more open and simple people would not fear it as much. People....a lot of people are afraid of it. This fear will keep the on going process of repealing it alive. I think we could go on for hours about what is good and what is not on this law.

Best Answer

@ Jones47........States rights have been gone for a long time now. States that have legalized marijuana are still in violation of federal law and could be punished for it. I am all for states rights in these matters but in reality we are all under control of one government now. If (i hope not) there were a federal law banning same sex marriage and it was enforced all of the states would have to abide by it.

Best Answer

I'm not sure what you mean by it being wrong for medicare to reduce care at the ends of people's lives. Until the ACA was passed it used to be legal for a healthcare company to drop you because you were "too sick" and they could refuse you for being diabetic or mentally ill. I don't see how this is much different. Secondly the only people who will be penalized are those who CAN AFFORD to pay for healthcare but DO NOT get it, because when they go to the emergency room the costs get passed to all of us on healthcare plans. The idea is to get people to buy healthcare, not force people who can't afford healthcare to pay a penalty for not getting it. That'd be like expecting the homeless to pay property taxes.

Best Answer

So it will still be okay then to refuse a 70 year old any treatment then? They may live another 20 years. And I thought it was just the republicans that we heartless. Lets be honest here.....the idea here is to get healthy people who may not need or want a policy to be forced on to one to pay for the rest. It will be cheaper to just be fined (taxed) until you need it then go out and buy a policy because you can not be turned down. Seems smarter than jumping on a policy that you may not want. As with all things the government implements it will be a expensive debacle. The only people who will gain is the government employees that get hired to over see this mess.

Best Answer

*homeless people do not pay property taxes because they do not own a home.

Best Answer

Do I really have to post a snopes link? I thought we were past this in 2011. http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/over75.asp

Best Answer

also the homeless metaphor was to illustrate how stupid it is to fine people who can't afford healthcare making them ineligible to buy health care getting another fine etc. It's not true.

Best Answer

Seems I was off by five years. Looks like the people approaching 75 had better get healthy I guess. I loved the line about dialysis. "They will die with out dialysis" About as cold as it gets. Thanks for the link.

Best Answer

did you not see the part where it was explained that it was not true. and listed several sources and older types of the same rumor? Because that's very important that you know that what you're alleging is not true.

Best Answer

REALLY? 37 times, how are you counting the number of times, because I don't recall it coming up for a vote at all in the Senate, and only a vote in the House three times.<br />
You are talking about 36 prior bills.<br />
I contend the 36 number comes from bills with an attached amendment and counting votes on the amendments, including the committee votes. FUZZY Math.<br />
I know the Washington Post is claiming 37 times, but even they cannot support their numbers. At least a post by ABC says it is the third time and the 37 times number is stretching to include "defund or repeal parts" . <br />
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/house-votes-to-repeal-obamacare-for-third-time/#disqus_thread

Best Answer

Really? Check voting records by bills related to repealing obamacare, you can do this on the court's site, not to mention if you go on Wikipedia's page for the ACA you'll find a list of "repeal attempts" listing both "partial" and "entire" repeals.

Best Answer

If you wish to search for all 36 prior attempts be my guest. http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/a_three_sections_with_teasers/votes.htm

Best Answer

You honestly still think that Obamacare is a good thing?

Best Answer