smartgeeks smartgeeks 31-35 16 Answers Oct 22, 2012 in Community

People would rather be entertained than learn about actual news.

Best Answer

The people that watch Bill O on FoxNews have less than a high school education. The people that watch Jon Stewart have at least some college. Not my research, try Nielsson, the ratings people. The less educated, the less likely a person is to ask questions of something totally unbelievable. FoxNews also gives them something or somebody to blame for their lot in life. Oh yeah, it gives Rupert Murdoch a way to try to influence people in the US, and with some people it sure is working.

Best Answer

Stewart really is good. He has no restrictions on who he will bring on either. And yes, Rupert is a snake. Shaefully, originally Australian.

Best Answer

Who said it was a NEWS Channel apart from themselves? It's opinionated morons ranting against O'Bama. Full stop.<br />
They decide and then tell us.<br />
Unfair and unbalanced. And that's just the staff.<br />
Oh, and by the way, it is NOT the most watched "News" Channel in the USA. The one that makes up every story is.<br />
What it says about the people is either they enjoy humour or they are morons.

Best Answer

They also have people on fox news that support obama. I dont see anyother news outlet do so.

Best Answer

Bullshit.

Best Answer

Correct. It['s siomple and clear. Propaganda. If it's not real, who cares, Just make it up.

Best Answer

opinions are like ********...everybody has one!

Best Answer

ijuts

Best Answer

Means that the people are tired of being lied to ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,MSLSD.

Best Answer

yes...everybody is lying because one disagrees with their opinions.

Best Answer

What the the source of your information that allows you to say with any credibility that those networks do not speak the truth?

Best Answer

The bias in the those TV stations is real. Just saying it doesnt exist doesnt make it so. Do your own research. You will see how biased they are. GO to their website find an article that shows a republican breaking the law, You will see that the party afiliation is almost always at the top. Now do the same for a democrat, You see that almost always the party afiliation is either buried or not in the article.
Do your own research see if its true.

Best Answer

@ tony if you watch them with a very critical eye you will see that they give you opinion pieces. NOT the news. A reporter is supposed to tell you WHO WHAT WHEN AND WHERE. NOT WHY.

Best Answer

I have done that. I have always done that. I have never seen a news agency purposely report something wrong until FixNews came along. Isn't it strange that the least trusted news source if FixNews? Not my numbers, but multiple polling numbers. They outright lie. Their supposed experts outright lie. The people that watch that stuff then go pass it around as the truth are unwitting accomplices in their lying scheme. I get my news from multiple sources, not just one. I also use common sense. Sadly, it appears that you have taken the bait of Fixnews, and swallowed it whole.

Best Answer

retards

Best Answer

hey, I am not retarded...lol

Best Answer

It says the people watching Foxnews are informed and have an insight other dedicated TV watchers lack who pay attention to the "other" 24 hour news outlets.

Best Answer

That they are fair and balanced ...BWAHAHAHAHA!

Best Answer

There's actually no way to know how many people are watching what. Still, Fox has a lot of big personalities on their programs and news like many things on television relies on presenting something people find engaging.

Best Answer

Niellson gets that information in their surveys.

Best Answer

why would you think a survey is a reliable way to know what people are watching? even if you survey lots of households, there's no way to know if that group represent the norm. Lots of types of people would never consent to that sort of thing, that doesn't mean they aren't watching different stuff. They do the best they can...but I seriously doubt it's anywhere close to accurate.

Best Answer

Why wouldn't it be accurate? People fill out those surveys in the privacy of their own homes. They surveys are random. They are not conducted by phone. The people fill them out for a week, then send them in.They ask demographic questions, like ages, sex, and yes, highest level of education. Bill O never disputed those survey results.

Best Answer

I never said that it had anything to do with politics. Like most things willingness to do surveys is only going to appeal to certain types of people. Just like there are people who are likely to sign up for research studies, or volunteering. It's not a failing on the part of the people who do the surveys....as I said I'm sure they try to balance the numbers on anything they have an ability to.

Best Answer

Niellson does not ask political questions. They are paid by the TV channels (yes, even local channels) to conduct those surveys. The results help those channels and/or networks decide what they will keep on TV or replace. Advertisers also buy those results to see what shows and/or time slots that they can best spend their advertising money. The Niellson surveys have nothing to do with politics, but show who is watching what and their demographic group. Why is this so hard for you to accept? Ah, because it is the truth, and as a FoxNews watcher, you can't handle the truth.

Best Answer

Please reread my answer...it is not a critique of the niellson polling. You missunderstand my point. It's a well known concept that hasn't originated with me. I'm saying...surveys in general have a hard time getting a true representation of the general population. There is no logical reason to assume that the 10 people out of a 1000 that you got to participate are actually representative of the norm.

Best Answer

That they prefer hate and fear to the truth. Not that there is any truth on TV anyway.

Best Answer

I'm watching "the five" right now...lol...what does that say about me?

Best Answer

not really, but the husband hates it, so he leaves the room and I get to answer questions on ep...lol

Best Answer