personally , i dont like it. i was reading it and for it to be a top classified document as such is not good. Think about it. The only reason it WAS released by president Obama was because information was already leaked from the CIA. He wouldnt have done that if it wasn't leaked. Now after reading the article off the news, what they are basically saying is that under certain circumstances, the president/and or the millitary have the right to target a "figure that seems to be in the ring with terrorist activities and deemed dangerous" . What it sounds like to me, is they now have the right to pretty much target anyone without a TRAIL IF THE REASONS ARE "RIGHT". Its basically now given them the right to secure the system and the ability to kill anyone who rebels pretty much..
EternalSalvation EternalSalvation 18-21, M 4 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Community

That the government are crap at keeping secrets which is why so many conspiracies about aliens and 9/11 are just a load of hogwash..

Best Answer

Ah so true. Its like the more i find out about my nation, the more i tend to dislike it..

Best Answer

I disliked mine so much I left it 15 years ago :)

Best Answer

may i ask where you left from and to where?

Best Answer

UK to Hungary

Best Answer

nice! how does it feel? and may i know the reasons why you left?

Best Answer

Much better, expensive place to live sufferes from the economy problems as much as anywhere else but the government is far less intrusive (still kinda stupid though lol) and tend to have a "if you aren't hurting anyone we don't really care" attitude. People are more grounded and pragmatic than UK peeps and having suffered under communism really know how to appreciate the small things and how to get by which appeals to me. It also still has lots and lots of space being about the size of England and Wales but with a population of only 10 million, 2 million of which live in Budapest the only real city. On a UK scale every other 'city' is really just a large town. I left because the UK was simply getting under my skin, I didn't like the attitudes, the mentality of people around me and felt out of place. It's hard to explain, I didn't feel as though I fitted there.

Best Answer

I went to Britain once and hated it.Never visitin that place again.

Best Answer

I know a lot of people like Obama but I think he's a nut job who is going to gut the country from the inside out.

Best Answer

PS Where did you get the security clearance to read highly classified information?

Best Answer

i can relate, i used to like him (for change) but the more and more i read into this, i can only see the nation in turmoil and moving far from the direction where we want to go

Best Answer

it was released to the public via news. BUT it was the memo in specific details, just the memo in its general state.

Best Answer

but it wasnt*

Best Answer

would you be happy with an attack on American soil ? BTW i'm not American

Best Answer

absolutely not, i mean, of course i was born here and lived here all my life but to give OUR government power like this??? despite the fact of how corrupt politicians are known to be? very unsettling.

Best Answer

true but you have to understand that this terrorist mean business and the would kill anyone without remorse. This is coming from a guy that has felt the blast of a car bomb. Trust me, the drone program has terrorist running scared. You would not want the battle field to shift to the streets of your neighborhood.

Best Answer

Of course, of course, thats what a terrorist is? could you imagine if it did happen over here in populated areas? just one little slip up/ corrupt politician can throw everything into chaos with a touch of the button..

Best Answer

You are, of course, underestimating the power of the people. Americans wouldn't stand for such attacks in the United States.

Best Answer

and what could they say about it? its "in the guidelines", so now what? all i can say is i see impeachment..

Best Answer

Impeachment, perhaps. Even the Nazis couldn't do things that the majority of Germans didn't approve of. Their policy of killing the handicapped was stopped because of popular disgust with it. There were no public protests, but Hitler knew which way the wind blew.

Best Answer

ah touche. But you already know many people are oblivious to politics.. It only would get out of hand if brought to the attention of the public, (which has already started)

Best Answer

Yes, it is in the public domain now. I doubt there will be much outcry on the subject. No one feels sorry for terrorists.

Best Answer

you are right on the subject of terrorist, and what if this was a program to be corrupted? .. jeez its crazy..

Best Answer

If it were used against persons that Americans do not feel hostility toward there would be an uproar.

Best Answer

then wouldnt you think other nations with long vendettas wouldnt take the oppurtunity to use the chaos and confusion to become the #1 super power in the world? its just so many possibilites.

Best Answer

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown and there are many obstacles to supremacy.

Best Answer

ah good debate with you Dave! Hopefully, we will have another one sometime!

Best Answer

I look forward to it.

Best Answer

"against persons that Americans do not feel hostility toward" - sadly that hostility can be manufactured see: Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, etc, etc..

Best Answer

True. But in the case of Vietnam and Cambodia the public saw the truth about the conflict. The Koreans (North Koreans) were the aggressors and got what they deserved.

Best Answer