He is so sweet and amazing. I love him so much. But I'm tired of people think because they feel I'm better looking that I shouldn't be with him. Are people really that shallow? So how would/do YOU react when someone says that to you?
AriesNerd AriesNerd 16-17, F 28 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I give them the middle finger...seriously, it's not them making you happy but him. People are too shallow to see past looks, but these are the same people complaining about not being able to find a good person.

Best Answer

This is so true, they complain because they act like they want someone good then judge them based on looks when they come along.

Best Answer

Those people will never be happy, and honestly, half the time they are jealous to see others happy.

Best Answer

just say "wow! i hadn't realized how shallow you are. i bet there are all kinds of people wondering why i hang out with you" then walk away

Best Answer

I'd tell that person to mind their own damn business

Best Answer

yes, there are people that shallow. I was the guy that people were telling my ex GF to dump because she was so much better looking and they felt she could do better. She listened to them. Stick to your guns and stay with the guy you know and love.

Best Answer

I'm really sorry, I'd never do that. I'm tired of people screwing with others' happiness

Best Answer

It tore me up because she was not only stunning, but we connected on such a deep level in nearly every aspect. I guess if she was so willing to drop me in order to save face with her friends and acquaintances, then it was for the best, because I apparently didn't know her at all. Live and learn. ;)

Best Answer

I'm glad you came to that realization and can move on. That's a quality many would envy you for.

Best Answer

I have heard that with every guy I have had feelings for except for the man I dated in my early 20's. There is no way to describe that feeling when someone else tells you that. You of course question the validity of their take on the individual but you still know in your heart that you like them. You just know people will be talking about you behind your back for your continual interest in the individual and that creates a sinking feeling. You have to make the choice in following your heart or following the herd.

Best Answer

Exactly, you learn to ignore it but it's like you get suck and tired of knowing they're yammering about because they have nothing better to do.

Best Answer

Only immature people will do that.

Best Answer

Say, "Well, I don't see YOU on the cover of Madamoiselle (or GQ), either!"

Best Answer

Tell them to stfu and mind their own biz.

Best Answer

brush it off. people at work joke about my husband and I as Beauty and the Beast. They're stupid. End of story.

Best Answer

those who take advice from idiots become idiots ignore them so you don't become an idiot like them.

Best Answer

you need better friends..but it'll probably change as they mature

Best Answer

It's not really my friends just people in general. My real friends are happy.

Best Answer

I think you should follow your heart and stop listening to others. Be warned if a person tells you that you are with the wrong person. They might have in mind what they consider the right person for you.

Best Answer

Tell them to shut their yaps and date who you want.

Best Answer

Tell them to STFU! Who cares what they think or say. Not important.

Best Answer

I asked them for some references.

Best Answer

I ignore it

Best Answer

Ignor them its just some dog barking because you got some thing better :-D

Best Answer

If it was someone I was truly satisfied with, I wouldn't even hear the complaints hah.

Best Answer

Tell them to find a better looking one for themselves first lol

Best Answer

Don't care with what other people say. Inner beauty prevails over physical looks. Just follow your heart

Best Answer

It doesn't matter what people think, what do YOU think? after all, you are the one in the relationship, if you feel ok and happy with your man, then who cares about other people!

Best Answer