Just talking to these fascinating creatures nearly induces a panic attack, is there any hope for the Knight of Justice?
KnightOfJustice KnightOfJustice 18-21, M 11 Answers Aug 26, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Is there something you really love? Playing a sport? Karaoke, perhaps? Get out there and do whatever that activity is. Eventually, you'll find someone with a common interest. Also, work on your self confidence with a good therapist, if you think that might help you.

Best Answer

Video games. That is basically it. And that sounds like an awful idea, the therapist would be a huge jerk and would make me go out and actually face my fears.

Best Answer

Learn to overcome your social anxiety and have more confidence in yourself. Socialise more, particpate in social activities that would encourage mingling with many females. Chances are you'll meet someone who digs ya.

Best Answer

I've had this for years and I've tried being more social... Boy does that not work.

Best Answer

Ah I see. Well go for baby steps man and start slowly. Might take a while but with time and practice you'll get there. Good luck!

Best Answer

You have to know what you are prepared to do, to find the one you love. You have to find some one who accepts you for who you are. I to have social anxiety and know how hard it is, you can't jump straight into it, just be patient and ready for yourself

Best Answer

Bro, I am ready. I'm 18 and have never had a girlfriend, not sure I could be any more ready.... Lol

Best Answer

Then there should be nothing holding you back, go out there do your thing whatever guys are meant to do, embrace it all (I don't want to go to deep) but if you think you're ready then go for it

Best Answer

On line might be best at first. Be up front about your anxiety so the are able to allow for it. It will probably become less scary with practice.

Best Answer

You mean meeting someone online? Or telling the girl I'm interested in irl that I have SA?

Best Answer

Both.

Best Answer

Practice practice practice. You will go through much awkwardness but don't do it with expectations of immediate success, do it to learn for yourself, forget about what the girls think.

Best Answer

I've already been rejected once, so I think I'm on my way!

Best Answer

Rejection is a part of life. No shame in it. Only shame is in lost opportunities.

Best Answer

Alcohol before going out.

Best Answer

Chess club

Best Answer

I suck giant balls at chess, I'm pretty sure that would make my situation worse.

Best Answer

You get the idea, find something your good at, take a friend with you, I find having someone I know around me lessens the anxiety, meditation is good for anxiety of all kinds. Meditation is more psychological than religious and the best part is it is free, unless you join a class which may be good to meet people as well.

Best Answer

go on living and growing up. my best tip would be get a dog and walk it. a lot.

Best Answer

How would that help?

Best Answer

you obviously never did it. nothing like a dog to attract girls wanting to pet it and ask you its name.

Best Answer