i have a job but i want a 2nd job for being a server but i have no experience in being a server no one hires me cuz of the non experience of not servering but i have have tons with customer experience and other food places i just dont get it i want this 2nd job for help with paying bills and school loans ahhhh WHY?
dreamgirl089 dreamgirl089 22-25, F 7 Answers Dec 8, 2011

Ah, the catch 22 of the bar keep world. Simple answer my dear, you lie.. use a relative or friend as a reference and make up a place of work ("They closed about a year ago, very sad")... Worked for me when I was younger. As you HAVE customer experience you aren't going to make a complete *** of yourself on day one so the rest should be plain sailing :)

Best Answer

thanks for the info it work i have a interview monday for a small resturant

Best Answer

congratulations :-D

Best Answer

You really don't need experience just confidence and a little help once you get hired. I recently wrote a blog dedicated on how to make bank as a server on google blogger check it out. I have been in the indusrtry for 13 years. Independent, buy what i want when I want, make great friends snd relationships, gain new experience and meet new people everyday. It's not a career but it works for now. Send me an email if you wany further advice. I also used to hire for Nordstrom cafe.

Best Answer

The turnover rate is extremely high in food service. Keep trying and don't limit yourself to the big chains. Try the smaller diners or truckstops.

Best Answer

hey try doing a couple days of serving at a shelter, get freinds with the mngr or super, they may be able to help, your other job will show your a good worker, the shelter will show you can serve and your dedication to doing something, it could work,.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat your in right now. I'v been unemployed for some time now and am taking an online course in web page design. All the jobs listed want years of experience. How does one break into a new field<br />
that requires experience? I not sure.

Best Answer

i have one job i need a 2nd one for help with school loans and bills i dont get many hours at the one i have

Best Answer

so you know how to handle not getting a job and don't over react

Best Answer

i have one i want another being a server to help pay school loans and bills

Best Answer

its really hard to get a job right now without experience. Try volunteering somewhere for 3-6 months, that always looks good on a resume

Best Answer

i have a job being a cashier for 3 years and i had other jobs in food service i want a 2nd one for helping to pay for school loans they just tell me i have no experience tht i dont get

Best Answer

then just keep trying. The turnaround rate of a restaraunt is extremely high (meaning, new ones keep opening up all the time). Keep your eyes open, server gigs open up pretty quickly

Best Answer

wht should i say about experience should i just lie i mean i work in a resurant before for 1year maybe i should just say yea ive done it before my friends do it i see how to all the time i dont htink its tht hard at my work now i have to help 10 people at a time runing back in forth a lot

Best Answer