My boyfriend and I have been together a little over 2 years, have lived together 1 year, we have talked about marriage but nothing definite yet. It would be both our 2nd marriage and I have 3 teenagers. Am I expecting too much too soon?
JanessaB JanessaB 46-50, F 16 Answers Jan 5, 2013 in Marriage

maybe you need to sit down with him and talk things over

Best Answer

Neither did I

Best Answer

Were you expecting one? Seriously? I got a ring for Thanksgiving and I am very thankful for it. He is everything I ever asked for and yes being married is important to me I simply don't want to just shack up with someone for the rest of my life.

Best Answer

Sometimes we want something so bad we can't seem to get it soon enough. It's best to wait. I'm starting to think I rushed into things a little to fast and it has been a lot of fights that almost pushed one of us away. Wait and see if this is really a good thing. I don't want to sound negative I just wanted to say my 2 cents worth.

Best Answer

We have been together for four years- and I am not waiting for a ring. Enjoy him- rings don't matter.

Best Answer

Is Marriage really all that necessary. You already live with him.....what does marriage change?

Best Answer

Neither did I, and yet here we are ;-)

Best Answer

so the one around the tub doesn't count, eh?

Best Answer

Oh well next time

Best Answer

Yes you need to wait and be patient, you can never move anything too fast or it will crash and burn.

Best Answer

Neither did I!

Best Answer