They come from this box connected to my house that reads "telephone" but we don't have a home phone. Umm. What are they? Can I disconnect them? The house they're connected to is full of pretty shady college guys.... And they were freaking out when I was trying to cut the wires. But, they didn't look over and tell me not to. Also, I don't know how they could see me.. it'd be impossible from an angle where I can't see them. Help?
Fuzzies Fuzzies 56-60, M 7 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in WTK

I suggest you ask your folks to call a utility company to investigate this issue. In the meantime it may be a good idea to dress and undress using only the minimum amount of light necessary.

Best Answer

Not understanding a house ACROSS the street. Could understand if the house was right next door? Call the cable company.

Best Answer

Not across the street. Umm. The house behind ours. I don't know how to put it.

Best Answer

Callthe phone company.Just say there is a suspicious box attached to your house and you want to know what it's used for.

Best Answer

Call the police. Seriously.

They are either stealing electricity or cable from you.

Best Answer

Oh, thanks! Lately my mom has been complaining about the electricity bill.

Best Answer

Call the police and call the electric company.
Don't go outside and be yanking anything off your house.
If you disconnect anything, you could be exposing a live wire. Also.......take pictures of the wire going from your house to theirs. If you have a webcam with a motion detection ability, set it next to a window near the electric box and hopefully it will work if they are stupid enough to go back to your house. If the house behind you is a rental , notify the owner. He WANTS to know if his tenants are stealing electricity. They are thieves and they are potentially creating a fire hazard with the illegal wire. When they get caught, make them pay you for the electricity they stole, pay for damages and get a restraining order against them. Also, get a no trespassing sign and post it on your property. It carries more weight in court than not having one. Take pics of that too. Good Luck

Best Answer

definitely agree with the people that say you shouldn't be touching it yourself. Call the phone company, call the police, maybe both, but especially if they are threatening you, you should be careful and not do anything hasty. And it may be perfectly normal, and the phone company or city may be angry with you if you cut up their wires. Have they been there the whole time? did you just move in? Either way, just let someone else come and check it out. And if you hear them threatening you, see if you can get a loved one to video tape them do it. Like step outside and look at it and then walk back inside, and maybe during that time they may come outside and start saying something criminal, and then they'd get kicked out of the place for sure.Though if you feel truly threatened, calling the police first is the best course of action.

Best Answer

Thax for the free electric

Best Answer