This is not meant to offend but I believe in God and I also believe in other things as well. And I got told that if I dont follow Christianity to the letter than I cannot be a true follower but almost sounded like this person was turning me away from God. Does the devil come in disguise as followers just toturn you away? Like im meaning for tge ultra judgemental Cgristians?
saintargentina saintargentina 26-30, F 29 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in Hobbies

Believe what sounds right, moral and reasonable to you. But my advice is to question everything.

Best Answer

I try. I believe in God just tired of his followers almost interrogating me as to why I believe this or that. It almost sounds as if they try to turn me away. I cant even express my opinions about different religions wothout some Christian coming on saying its wrong blah blah etc lol you get it. Biy it just gets annoying.

Best Answer

Religions compete for followers by saying you believe differently you are saying they are wrong. That upsets people. Don't let it bother you tho. I'm not a believer but the way I see it is if you do what is right then how could you be punished for that?

Best Answer

yes, the devil does come in disguise. he is a wolf in sheeps clothing, and his main purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. he is known as the father of lies.

anything that tries to get you to not follow what the scriptures say, is the work of the devil.

we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but, with the principalities, and rulers of high places.

I try to be open minded about many things also, but, you have to discern what is spiritual, or made up by man. read your bible, and ask for God's guidiance. listen to that still small voice inside you. he will lead you to the truth. :)

Best Answer

here are some tips

1) Everything in the bible and all religion and myth for that matter, are to be taken as metaphor and NOT facts. A metaphor "points" to something inside yourself. Jesus SORTA HINTED to this once, maybe? Eh? "The kingdom is within."

2) The "Devil" is the archetypal force of ignorance and duality at work in the universe. So yea he lurks in the details which means he lurks in the dark spaces where people have let the cobwebs of ignorance collect in the soul. So if you feel conflict between yourself and anothers ideals, then the devil is hidden in that conflict so to speak but if you allow your own model of reality to rise higher and encompass both the other persons perspective and your own then you are moving closer to god. If you cannot find the power to rise higher then just stick with what you feel is right and "forgive them for they know not what they do" and NEITHER DO YOU so do not judge them either. Just say to yourself "this to will pass" and let it go.

Just like we can be "vessels" for love and hate so to are we carriers for the force we call the cosmic deceiver, Lucifer. Follow your heart and let no one judge you because... when they judge they only judge themselves and not you by locking their minds into a static egotistic view of a world that is ever changing and alive, they are fools. I think that is another lesson in the bible. "Judge ye not lest you judge yourself." Yes I changed it some, I have permission to do that however (points up).

3) When Christianity put Jesus on the pedestal they lost the Christ. If you want to be a real Christian then don't be afraid to bring him to life in your own heart and life. Live his life and accept his cross. To know the god he was you must love the man. YOU to have been crucified on the fabric of space and time and you to can be resurrected from the death of ignorance into the light of perceiving reality directly as the "kingdom at hand" and you do NOT have to wait for some "kingdom to come" as most think. "The kingdom is spread across the face of the earth and men do not see it." Eternity is NOW. And if you don't find it here on earth, how will you know what it looks like in death? God is the word unspoken in thy name.

Best Answer

Religion should be abolished. People should adopt a philosophical way of life in which their actions are guided by and thus reflect their beliefs. Why believe in a God who doesn't exist? Why not believe for instance that love is God? Rather than that God is love?

Religion has brought nothing but unspeakable suffering onto humanity.

Best Answer

It's so strange. When Jesus Christ really got on someones case, it was because they were religious. Jesus hated religion, and religious people finally killed him. The Sadducee's and Pharisees are alive and well in the 21st century.

Best Answer

If you are a Christian then you follow the path of Christ. The entire point of Christianity is the Gift of Grace - it is by grace that we are saved and that unending supply of grace that covers our continuing sins. The point is to get on a path and every day strive to be better than the day before.

Best Answer

This isn't a weird question. I've wondered this myself.

Being a Christian....technically I can't answer that, because it's better for me to tie a rock around my neck, and drown, that to lead you astray.

There are a lot of Christians that say you should follow to the letter, and are highly judgemental, towards others (of different CHRISTIAN sects).

I guess they missed: “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you."

This is YOUR journey, to God. Pray to him for guidance.

I believe in God, but I'm not going to let another dictate their belief of the Bible to me.

I will read it, and decipher....if I need help, I will ask direction. But I won't be dictated to.

Best Answer

I have my own interpretations too but I know and felt Gods power once I accepted him into my heart and I believe that Jesus was sent by him to die for us so we can be with him and those we love if they do too . You can believe what you want but I think we must trust in him because if we dont and we are right then who cares , what happens to us all is the same. ..But If we dont beleive and he is true then Itll suck when we die and see that the button on the elevator shows DOWN =( God bless us all I hope we all decide to risk it all on the chance to live forever. =)

Best Answer

I believe that you decide for yourself what you reckon helps you best....

“Live a good life.

If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.

If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.

If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Aurelius

Best Answer

I always ask people with higher knowledge about do's and don’ts in religion. Lay leaders are only trusted people that a church has determined suitable to answer questions of faith and belief. When in doubt go to the pastor, they have answers for everything, LOL.

Best Answer

Different denominations have a different conception of 'the letter' aside from baptism a Catholic and a Lutheran would not follow the same practices.. but they're both Christians who believe in the same core principles, they just drive in different cars. To answer your other question, that's more of a personal judgment and about what drives your faith.

Best Answer

We are told in the bible that no one has the right to judge anyone but God himself. That being said, the devil has many disguises and knows the bible better than most Christians. Keep asking questions and you will be greatly rewarded with the truth.

Best Answer

ok.. i dont beleive... but heres some advice i have found good.. god never said any of the **** that man told you... god never said he doesnt accept gay marriage or abortions.. so beleive in god.. not all the **** the church feeds you

Best Answer

Okay. If I sound offensive, I'm not trying to be. I just had to take my logic hat off to answer this and I'm feeling a bit naked.

Okay. Everyone has their own idea of what Christianity was like. The Christianity in the Bible is IMPOSSIBLE to be, because Jesus said that you will recognise a true Christian because they can do everything he can do and more. We all know that that just isn't possible. But you CAN love Jesus, and you CAN love God, and that's good enough. You don't have to give yourself a label to love them. And you can love them and believe in the supernatural (assuming that's what you were referring to!) as well.

Look, my advice to you would to continue following, and don't listen to people who tell you otherwise.

Best Answer

rethink possible.

Best Answer

This completely depends on -what kind of theology- you're working with. There are many different ways to look at the Bible.

The big question you have to ask yourself is what -is- Christianity to the letter? Because if you look at the Bible, there are lots of rules about animal sacrifices and owning slaves. Not particularly useful, nor are you going to be a good Christian by modern definition if you have a bevy of slaves and a burnt offering in your fireplace.

Focus on Jesus' message which, in a very simple way, is worship the Lord and be kind to others. A great deal of the old book is mythology, history, and is meant to be studied and interpreted. Most of the rules for day to day life were written thousands of years ago and so don't make sense any more.

Being a good Christian is about being good to others, and to show reverence to God. Not about obsessing over mixed threads. People who obsess about the details are usually doing so to hurt and control others. They're the ones who are not true Christians.

Best Answer

Just wait for the day

Best Answer

believe in which god? i mean do you have your own version Or do you follow the god of the christian faith?

Best Answer