So I want to know if anyone has invested in the stock market or has experience with investing. I want to know if its possible to invest in yourself. I don't know math very well as I tried to go to a bank and I told them I was interested in investing to gain extra income. He explained a bunch of numbers to me that I didn't understand but I got one thing, it is possible to invest and earn a bunch of money. Sooo I guess my question is: Would it be something you advise me doing? Has anyone had experience with investing and can anyone point me in the right direction? And if you DO advise me, what kind of things should I look into, watch out for etc... With this economy is it even safe?
christfukk christfukk 26-30, F 5 Answers Sep 21, 2012 in Self Improvement

Ok what you want to do is contact a small investment company and speak with a broker <br />
If they are good at what they do (which is invest your money) they will spread it out through different stocks and suggest that you let it sit there for a certain amount of time<br />
that is how you make money is by letting your money sit on a company that is growing<br />
But it takes a little time and patience to start seeing a return<br />
talk to a broker and they should be able to explain how they could set up a portfolio customized to fit your wants and needs<br />
Good Luck and many happy returns

Best Answer

Hmmm... that is the first good idea I have come across. I will have to consider that because while I work a minimum wage job and go to school why not let my money sit? That way when Im busy doing other stuff maybe over time my money can grow. Im more worried about my future anyways so maybe I can do something about it.

Best Answer

yeah and the cool thing is when you invest like that is that you are able to pull funds out of one place if you arent seeing results and put them somewhere else

Best Answer

Ha! lol I like your answer I am going to have to put your answer up in a blog on here so I can remember to do that when I get my paycheck and hunt around for a good investment company.

Best Answer

Invest in gold. Smart people always seem to invest other people's money and skim off some profits. Run for office...people will throw money at you to get their point across.

Best Answer

@caithness
Im not that type of person. Investing in gold sounds smart but I will literally run someone into the ground if they thought they could "buy" me with their future policies. I'm for the citizens not against them. But I appreciate your answer, I just don't believe in the second part of it.

Best Answer

look for banks with a good Compound interest accounts

Best Answer

Whats compound interest accounts?

Best Answer

well iam looking for an extra income my self too i tried day trading on forex u can buy and sell currencies and commodities like gold silver and these stuff but i advise not to go near that loool and theres mutual funds but it all comes to in which stocks u going to invest it needs alot of information digging and stuff that makes ur head explode so iam thinking of making a small business and sell something havent figured it out yet but in case u stumble upon anything good u let me know :P please

Best Answer

I will keep you in mind when I am hunting around for good opportunities, Im sure there is something out there.

Best Answer

Investment for poor people is where a rich person takes your cash and gives you a sheet of paper claiming you own a piece of his company. He can default on that paper at any time unless you find another poor person to buy it from you before the rich guy defaults on it.

Best Answer

Or if things go well the and company thrives your piece of paper is worth twice what you paid for it. It's risky. But plenty of people risk money in the market.

Best Answer

Ever notice they don't risk anything when they let you buy a home?

Best Answer

no money no can do , its that simple

Best Answer

Well the bank said i would need a minimum to get started but they said I can put money and invest in the stock market with little cash ;) Just wanted to know if this was a way to gain extra income.

Best Answer

i once studied the market i got books on it and it turns out you'll lose , its geared to consume your money not pay you it , the world is in a money crunch and their very greedy , its called churning they just want to feed the system , unless your a preferred investor (Mega bucks) i wouldn't bother with it

Best Answer

@FurryFace
Well there has to be a loophole in everything. How do I punish these greedy ba$terds and feed off them? hahaha. Sounds silly but I am curious.

Best Answer

you can't , the bastards have thought of everything

Best Answer