Wurkoutgurl Wurkoutgurl 36-40, F 11 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Community

Follow your heart, and its pretty normal. Plenty of women work out in gyms, basically the same thing! Don't be afraid and don't mind people who judge they're ignorant. Do what you feel is right. But it depends really, don't worry about who's in the class, go there for your benefit.

Best Answer

Very true. Thanks for that Lushiro. =) You wanna come work out with me??

Best Answer

LOL sure :D We'll lose 20+ pounds in a week! And you're welcome!

Best Answer

I may take another fitness class...you can come to that one too...I'll have a work out buddy =)

Best Answer

I knew someone who did some wrightlifting. She wasn't huge nor did she look like a man. You can be strong without being built like a house!

Best Answer

I already lift weights, I'm not worried about that. I just wanted to know what to expect when I started the class.

Best Answer

Yeah. Trainers will help you keep your size down. The person I knew was really quite small. I never knew them when they were lifting, but they weren't big. I'd say if they start talking about protein shakes and setting big targets, time to change classes.

Best Answer

I don't do the protein shakes...yuck. Thanks for the advice. =)

Best Answer

No girls do it too and it's a good way to meet healthy guys.

Best Answer

I took some at my community college in highschool and I joined a weight training class that was ALL women. I don't like working out anywhere near men. One or two is fine, but a class full is a no no for me.

Best Answer

Well, in high school I took weight lifting and it was always all guys. Doesn't bother me too much...especially since I was outlifting some of the guys!! woot! haha

Best Answer

I just don't want balls tainting the ambiance O:) I feel like girls are different when guys are around. Instead of us enjoying ourselves I feel like a lot try to compete with other girls for attention and I just want to have a good sweat with my ladies.

Best Answer

I'm not like that ...at all. And when I'm working out I am focused on that, not guys. I DON'T want the attention...just the good workout.

Best Answer

Well that's because you're there to pump iron not be cute.

Best Answer

Very true. And to get my work out high!! Woot! ;-)

Best Answer

Woman benefit from doing light weights with high repetition. <br />
Men do weights that are heavy with fewer repetitions to increate muscle bulk. <br />
So doing weights give benefits to both men and woman but they must do it differently.

Best Answer

Thanks =) I already lift some...but I want to get in a good routine so that is why I was thinking of taking it at school. Plus, I love it!

Best Answer

I think you have a good idea. Doing weights has great benifits for women. Tone them up and burn off all those naughty foods they have been eating. :) Hope you get other woman to join you. Make sure you always have the correct posture when doing weights. Even light weights can cause back damage if a person is lifting them in the wrong manner. Protect your back always.

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully there will be some other girls for me to hang with. =)

Best Answer

I don't know what going on in college...but girls/women everywhere are doing weight training exercises...many whom are much stronger than I...lol...

Best Answer

I really enjoy it. =)

Best Answer

I say go for it regardless. Weight lifting is supposed to be a healthy thing.

Best Answer

It's my favorite workout. =) Love seeing how far I can push it! haha

Best Answer

Oh please god no! Dont do that to your body.

Best Answer

lol...Silly I already lift some. I don't want to bulk up..just stay toned up. I love lifting.

Best Answer

ok but I draw the line at looking like a teenage boy! D:

Best Answer