auspicious auspicious 61-65, M 14 Answers Jul 7, 2011

We have a two party system. The Republicans blame the Democrats, and the Democrats blame the Republicans.

Best Answer

Very good answer, and so true.

Best Answer

President Johnson for using the social security money (which at the time was over a trillion dollars) to fund the war on poverty. He was a Democrat

Best Answer

Umm I don't think the Democrats want to cut entitlements, it's definitely the Republicans who get the credit and/or blame.

Best Answer

I think both parties are one in the same. It's like the gambler said "I know it's a crooked game, but it is the only one in town".

Best Answer

Well there are clear differences but I guess you choose to ignore those. Ever notice that when one party is in control a lot gets done, but when the power is split nothing happens? That kinda proves you wrong.

Best Answer

The people are the masters and the government.

Best Answer

If Social Security and Medicare were cut, they should both get the CREDIT, not the BLAME.

Best Answer

I guess it depends on your perspective. I noticed that a lot of "Tea Party" people looked to be about the age to start getting SS and Medicare. Funny world we live in. I am lucky I don't have a dog in this fight, so I am just seeing what other people think, and your answer was honest, from your perspective.

Best Answer

drama queen extraordinaire.

Best Answer

When are Mr Obama and the democrats going to step up and take responsibility for their own mess, You can play that blame Bush game forever but it won't solve a thing and if that's the game you want to play it was a democrat that put the social security trust fund in the general fund , Ya a democrat Lindon Johnson.<br />
we're in this mess because Obama couldn't control his spending and tried to solve every problem by throwing buckets of ( borrowed ) money at it. If the problem was "Bushes wars" Obama could have ended them the day he took office - he didn't he has in fact gotten us embroiled in another one in Libya.

Best Answer

I think the Democrats will be left holding the bag even if the Republicans are the ones who bring about the cuts. The reason being is it is usually the sitting president and his party who gets blamed and also the Republicans have traditionally been far better at placing blame on the Democrats then the other way around. Case in point Obama is currently being blamed for the economic situation in the US but it was Reagan, Bush Sr and Bush Jr who ran up the country's debt through the roof and handed him the bill.

Best Answer

Very good answer.

Best Answer

I really don't know. It's just the polititions and they are all in bed with some group or another and do what they do for kick-backs. I'm not saying that about the President, but the Congressmen and the Legislatures.

Best Answer

Just blame G.W. Bush

Best Answer

Republicans, for being the heartless bastards they are, and Democrats, for letting them win at anything at all when it comes to social security or medicare, IF that should happen.

Best Answer

I could blame it on the governments, but when it comes to the nitty gritty, I blame it on the people. In the end when all calculations have be played, it will be the peoples fault. We can actually stop and fix most of our own problems if the people really want it. No, we have to get our entitlements from the government, we have to let them get away with anything they want. We the people let them manipulate the constitution (or other rights), we the people let them control us as we should not be. <br />
A governments greatest fear is it's people, so where is everyone, why are we not fixing our country (s)?

Best Answer

My opinion is that the ones getting hurt the most are the disenfranchised and they have no leadership. When things get put on the line, like in Vietnam, when young men knew they could be drafted, the real trouble started, because it affected them directly. They also had the leadership from the universities.

Best Answer

No it's not. When you have large numbers pf PHD economists working for the government, there is no excuse for letting a national budget get out of control.

Best Answer

We also have the power to remove those people as the people, you might be amazed what we can actually control.

Best Answer