Ive been doing this off and on for several years. I need to stop its taking a toll on my mind, probablly my body, & my weight loss plan. Im at college & have been seeing someone here as well as my regular counselor on the weekends. I don't want her to know but i actually feel comfortable telling this newer counselor. She told me before she wont send me to a hospital unless I'm really suicidal (or homicidal, but I'm not like that). So, i don't 'think' i have to worry, however i wont tell her if it's gonna lead to something like that, or like weighing me & **** which im pretty sure that wont happen b/c im going there voluntarily & its free so yeah they really don't have a right to do that esp. since im not dangerously thin. i just want to stop, everyday i tell myself im done but everyday i prove myself wrong & its killing me!
sewXmyselfXshut sewXmyselfXshut 18-21, F 9 Answers Oct 8, 2012 in Addiction

I would tell her, it might even help you feel relieved in kind of getting it off your shoulders and letting it out. Even if this wasn't the cause, please don't let anyone ever convince you that you do not look good enough or that you are not thin enough. Being healthy and happy is what matters, and being loved for who you are. Hugs.

Best Answer

I know what you're going through and I ask myself this every day. Message me if you ever need to talk.

Best Answer

ty & thanks every1 else for your responses as well i think i am going to tell her when i see her this week

Best Answer

Yes you should. And you should tell whichever person you're most comfortable with. You might also want to check out Overeaters Anonymous, which deals with people who misuse food in any way. Abusing food is a disease that kills more slowly but no less surely than any other substance or self-destructive behaviour. The sooner you start to talk about it, the sooner you have the potential to stop. <br />
I wish you all the best and I'm glad you're getting help.

Best Answer

thanks so much

Best Answer

you should tell her

Best Answer

Yes, do you want to get old before your time or worse die?

Best Answer

Yes, cuz if you don't you'll die young, that's a type of addictive behavior that kills

Best Answer