basically request secession from the USA. Given the economic climate and other factors this does not surprise me but are any Americans worried this could get ugly? An American Civil War 2.0? And for my fellow Canadians. Should we be getting ready to march troops to the border to prevent spill over? We don't have Mother England to help out anymore (and Britain will soon have the smallest army she has had since the Nepoleonic Wars after the Holidays so they don't have the manpower to help if they wanted). Does anyone thing this is serious or just political posturing?
PicturesOfABetterLife PicturesOfABetterLife 31-35, M 14 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Politics

and were gonna let Obama take our second amendment rights away. I think I here the Chinese a commin.

Best Answer

Oh boy. Another Obama conspiracy theorist.

Best Answer

it ain't a conspiracy theory, he is already trying to do it. look it up educate yourselves for once.

Best Answer

I have and the only ones who take it seriously are right wing nuts who believe every word Glenn Beck says as truth and and the Flake Darryl Issa. The 9-11 truthers have more of leg to stand on then this crackpot nonsense.

Best Answer

you are a very sad individual, you know nothing about me and make no valid points with facts to back them. maybe if yall lefties started taking things seriously we'd get something accomplished

Best Answer

Sad? You are the one judging me with nothing to back it up. And I have not judged you just those who choose to make a conspiracy out of racism and blind partisanship.

Best Answer

there is no racism in this at all, and isn't blind partisanship, its called facts, in the presidential debates he stated he would put the 94 weapons ban back into affect, and is now working on the NATO ban. do some research you'll find it.oh and go to third party reports not republican, or democrat it'll tell you everything and then some.

Best Answer

If you knew anything about those "bans" you would know that the conspiracy built around it is ridiculous. And the second one is a UN ban not NATO. The reason such a ridiculous conspiracy is being cooked up just like the birthers these people are desperate to find some other reason they can blame the black guy.

Best Answer

In case you don't know the 94 "weapons ban" as you call it only applies to assault weapons. And sorry but there is no legitimate reason for a civilian to run around with AK-47s and Tech 9s unless you Americans decide to start a European style citizen's militia and disband the US armed forces(not going to happen I know). Furthermore the UN small arms treaty only covers weapons manufacturers and dealers selling to foreign entities and nations. Basically it would hold US weapons dealers and manufacturers legally responsible for selling them to crackpot dictators and guys like Bin Laden that the US funded in the 80s and has nothing to do with domestic weapons sales. G W Bush claimed it would violate the 2nd amendment which was a blatant lie to kill support for it so the US could keep arming every warlord and despot out there.

Best Answer

and once again you are wrong. the second amendment covers the American people to have and carry arms and to protect the people from the government. secondly the ban also covers the ar-15 and weapons like the scar. which when available to the public are not automatic. atleast from dealers in the US it also says you cannot have high capacity magazines. the UN ban or (united nations) which is also NATO (maybe hard for you to believe) have the same gun law so no one will be able to buy a gun. even the legal responsible people in the US. we did give support to the Afghanis in the cold war, not specifically to bin laden but some did go to him. you may be happy with a gun law because your afraid of it, and that ignorance is what has put us in this position. you call it being a radical, I call it being a responsible American and protecting the cornerstones this country was built on. our amendment rights protect us from dictatorships, from government, from foreign threats and domestic. give us the right to say what we want when we want it. I will not let something like that happen and sit by. so go ahead and listen to this African, who gave up his American citizenship. lied to the people about a falsified birth certificate, and will tear us apart from the inside. and for someone whi calls them self an anarchist you sure are a preachy democrat.

Best Answer

Okay you don't even understand the second amendment of your own country's constitution. Speaks volumes of your ignorance on this. The UN and NATO have nothing to do with each other except in your right wing conspiracy fantasy land. Like I said there is no valid reason for trigger happy civvies to have military grade weaponry. I guess you are with Scalia that shoulder fire missiles should be legal for civilians too. You sound like one of those Tim McVeigh militia types. That and your comments about Obama speak volumes of blatant racism and even more astonishing ignorance. If you believe that birther nonsense I will be happy to sell you some bridge real estate in Brooklyn NY. I am not a Democrat I am a Canadian genius. Guess you think everyone is American. I am not afraid of guns I am afraid of paranoid nutcases wielding guns.

Best Answer

I'm more worried about china invading if/when the states do succeed

Best Answer

Maybe they will succeed this time. Thank u, thank U, I will playing this room all night, 2drink minimum , remember to tip your server.

Best Answer

On one hand I cant blame them . <br />
"It was clear even on election day that voting in Philadelphia was not on the up and up. Now we learn that in 59 Philadelphia voting districts, not even a single vote was recorded for Romney.<br />
Only this could be less possible in a fair election:<br />
Out of 175,554 registered voters, 247,713 vote cards were cast in St. Lucie County, Florida on Tuesday.<br />
"<br />
The system is broken the powers that be refuse to fix it. So I understand just walking away. <br />
BTW thats 141 % more voters then those that are registered.

Best Answer

I have to agree with you for once but the implication that it is only the Democrats rigging the system is in complete contradiction to reality and dishonest.

Best Answer

Dems have been cheating as far back as kennedy. Nixon had proof. he said he wouldnt press it because he wouldnt put the nation through that. And from that we are now at the same spot when we broke away from england.
We have taxation without representation as long as ANYONE cheats. Anyone that pads the ballot box should be SHOT. I dont give a flying **** if they are republican democrat indie or ******* pink with purple polka dots. SHOT!!

Best Answer

No argument here but whether you are aware or not the tone of your original post reeked of blatant partisanship.

Best Answer

my post was a quote. Facts dont know partisanship. Again ANYONE THAT CHEATS NEED TO DIE!

Best Answer

We do not talk - we bludgeon one another with facts and theories gleaned from cursory readings of newspapers, magazines and digests.
-Henry Miller

Best Answer

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams,

Best Answer

Agreed but cherry picked facts or facts out of context may not lie but they can deceive. PR firms make an industry out of it.

Best Answer

Nothing was cherry picked. it is impossible to achieve 100 % voter turn out let alone 141 %. Again those that are cheating need to be hunted down and killed. We are at the same point we were when we broke away from england. We now again have taxation without representation.

Best Answer

These nuts have to do something different since the Occupy Movement is pretty much dead now ... people are tired of hearing about the Tea Party so now they are working on the seccesionist movement. But if there was a successful seccesion movement how long do you think it would last. Those states would see grocery store shelves emptied in a heart beat ... gas going up to $10+ a gallon overnight ... reliable electricity would be non existent ... ask the folks in New York and New Jersey about being with electric for just four days ... Those states that thought they could make it on their own would come crawling back saying things aren't that bad, please Washington DC feed us now we're hungry, turn on the lights we miss the Kardashians and get some gas to us so prices return to some sort of normalcy. Let those right wing b00bs bluster on about how things would be if DC got out their business .. they have to be b!+ching about something so it may as well be the most non sensical thing out there

Best Answer

A few crackpots does not a secession make.

Best Answer

A few crackpots with political power and lust for power can though unfortunately.

Best Answer

I doubt it

Best Answer

Look at every revolution in history. They were carried out by a charismatic leader and a small but very loud minority. Everyone from Napoleon, to Lenin, Hitler....the list goes on and on.

Best Answer

True, but despite all the bitching, most Americans LIKE being Americans, like their freedoms, etc. I don't think the support exists for any kind of serious secession movement, except maybe South Jersey seceding from New Jersey to become their own state--they've been agitating for that for decades.

Best Answer

True. With the worsening economic situation and the growing police state though I wonder where the breaking point is between the patriotic ideal and reality. Never heard of the Jersey thing though. Interesting. Apparently Puerto Rico is looking to push for statehood too.

Best Answer

New England seems nice. They should join Canada, they'd make a cute couple. California may as well secede, isn't it effectively the world's fifth largest economy? They could take Oregon and Washington with 'em for company.<br />
Then the Confederacy will be free to become the theocracy it's always wanted to be, and everyone can fight over the midwest. Hooray!

Best Answer

The second Virginia seceded from the Confederacy. Just saying<br />
Hot Air. Again just saying

Best Answer

Confederate states like North Dakota, New York, New Jersey, Oregon Indiana Michigan Montana? This is no big deal anyway, anyone can start a petition.

Best Answer

Well you are right. There are others but most of the States involved does look like a map of the old confederacy.

Best Answer

Maryland is south of the Mason-Dixon line (as is the District of Columbia), and I've never heard a word about this.

Best Answer

No, it won't happen.<br />
And even if it did, there would be no war the way there was in 1861. We live in a different time period. No one is going to go to war to force these days over something like that, especially when there's no issue of slavery on the line, like the last time. You need a moral hot button like that to really get people fired up over questions of right and wrong.

Best Answer

Maybe. But the Soviet bloc fell into chaos in many regions without a big polarizing issue like slavery and the whole thing came about through a similar economic crisis and unsustainable military spending. Not saying it will go that way but some experts have presented that sort of scenario and there is a precedent.

Best Answer

I'm not going to say it could never happen, but a petition with a few thousand signatures is not exactly ominous.

Best Answer

Good point. The difference there is that many of the former Soviet republics had distinct languages and cultures and were essentially being ruled by a minority of Russians. (This was especially true for the republics in Soviet Central Asia.) The US doesn't have those kinds of features, but I could honestly see some sort of future breakup happening in the wake of major economic crisis. It's honestly not a new idea. Many science fiction writers and "alternate history" writers have toyed with the idea of a post-US North America.

Best Answer

And how much have YOU had to drink this afternoon sir??

Best Answer

It is true. Look it up. I thought it was crazy too till I looked into it.

Best Answer

Look around you, the US is going to rule the world - anyone who doesn't agree with that, gets an unmarked grave. And anyone who doesn't agree with the US nation gets put on a deathlist. So to answer your question, we'd wipe out anyone in the South who wasn't pro US.

Best Answer

Nearly every empire in history was torn asunder from within and not from an exterior invading force.

Best Answer

Yes but remember - governments come and go, corporate empires remain and that is what drives countries like the US and many others.

Best Answer

Really? HBC and The British East India company are not exactly superpowers anymore.

Best Answer

And you think those are the only major power houses? Let's take into account every defense contractor, the private security companies that provide the nasty invisible men to handle situations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Then there's the banking institutions, the conglomerates. A world government unelected ruling through commerce.

Best Answer

I am saying those two companies used to basically control the most powerful empire in the world at the time the British Empire and they are now barely a footnote in history books. Lockeed Martin, Boeing, JP Morgan Chase and even Exxon Mobil will likely suffer the same fate.

Best Answer

Just when you thought they couldn't possibly get any more stupid..........

Best Answer

I wouldn't take any of it seriously

Best Answer

You may be right but I am curious why you don't feel this is something to worry about?

Best Answer

Because it's being blown up by the media. I'm living in a red state, and I can teel you that's not at all the popular sentiment

Best Answer

That is good to know. Unfortunately it does not give me much comfort. The political class for the most part does not give a damn what the citizenry wants. Take for example in my own country of Canada. Quebec separatists have been a lunatic fringe of decades but the political class in that province still try to tear the country apart out of lust for power even if the vast majority of the population is dead set against it.

Best Answer

In the end it all comes down to money. Can these exist independently with their own economy? No they can't. And there you have it.

Best Answer

Places like Texas would likely be just fine on their own but I see your point.

Best Answer