I'm generalising here. I know there are teens out there who do have real problems.
DcreativeBUG DcreativeBUG 22-25 14 Answers Oct 15, 2012 in Hobbies

I STRONGLY feel that this is the NEW way of being gentle and caring to raise the kids. We do not want to be harsh now, and we must protect them from the things in life that they may see or have to deal with...

Then when something does happen they have NO IDEA how to cope with it at all and they melt down like 3 mile island !

Best Answer

The only depressed kids were the ones that didn't fit in and were typically what we'd call geeks today...but I never heard of all the drugs there are today to deal with depression...we all played outside and didn't have video games...no cell phones...no cable tv...no internet...how the hell did we survive....

Best Answer

Personally I think a percentage of kids have always been stressed and afraid. The difference is that this generation has the internet. With all the exceptable violence that used the be allowed in many places....I can't imagine things were ever any difference in the past.

Best Answer

Hello..i know that it seems kinda ridiculous how many depressed teens there are..me and many of my friends are some of them...but truth is, we Do have real problems, and real pain, that just gets to us...so many kids are being bullied, having family issues, being told they aren't good enough, all of that going along with the hectic everyday life of being a teen...life seems to get to us...society hasn't made it easy to be a young person...with people over here saying; you must go to college..and then other people saying; you must party everyday, like it's your last...you lose sight of the in-between, of who you really are, and what you really want to do....and if you aren't already clinically depressed...all of the confusion will drag you into a pit all its own....

Best Answer

Bit of both but more of the latter.

Best Answer

It's a difficult time for many,i'd like to think that we older members can support some of them. I do my best.

Best Answer

it probably is actual stress considering the emphasis that the media puts on physical appearance and style. Teens are under alot of peer pressure as it is and then add the pressure from the media and hollywood telling them how they are supposed to look and act, especially girls. There is alot of pressure for girls to be thin and gorgeous with long hair and perfect makeup.

Best Answer

Before hearing about Amanda Todd the other day, I could get by really great... Tonight I'm doing pretty good.... But its just knowing that there are people like her getting similar treatment... And then thats not forgetting the genocide and religious warfare in the east....

But I'd say its the world in general that gets me down, not the things that happens to me in a day.

Best Answer