We were both in long term relationships when we met. Each were with someone else for 3 years and we had a crush on eachother for 2 years before we started dating and were crazy about eachother. Idk if I should leave Connecticut to be with him, I want to but I'm nervous. I'm 19 and he's 22.
SillyxElephants SillyxElephants 18-21, F 11 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

It s not long relationship to know him more & go with him to nother country u had relationship with ur ex for 3years & it didn t work out i don t say that it won t work out with this one but after three years u knew other thing of ur ex so not all the people who say i love u we believe them & trust them cuz it might be deffrent but if u love him & u want adventure to do just go with him & be happy but just put the idea that in moment u will leave this place cuz its not where u belong & the decision will be from u only u ;) peace

Best Answer

If the finances are okay then it is up to you. The last thing that you want is to be worse off which may trigger issues.

Best Answer

Come to TN it's a beautiful place. Just stay away from my city and you will be happy. ;)

Best Answer

Haha I love Tennessee I've only been there once but I love the country and it reminds me of my Vermont home

Best Answer

Sounds like a no brainer then. See yah round. xD

Best Answer

You around cookeville?

Best Answer

Close to it

Best Answer

Nice. That's where I'd be

Best Answer

Not a bad town but east Tn is much more beautiful and better people. Figures I live on the other side. :/

Best Answer

Really? I stayed in Kingsport and Nashville and people are all so nice there :) we both really like wilder.

Best Answer

Lol Nashville is alright. What do you mean wilder?

Best Answer

Wilder Tennessee :p near Jamestown north of crossville. And do you have an accent? When we were down there everyone picked on ours :p

Best Answer

Hehe yes I do :p

Best Answer

Do you want to move to Tennessee? Do you have a good job where you're at? Is he going to financially support you if you come along? Are you thinking of forming a family with this person? ECT... There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself before knowing if you should go along.

Best Answer

Yes I'd like to move there. I have a minimum wage job here and could get one there. I wanna be with him always and form a family yes and he would support me.

Best Answer

sounds like you want to go and all that's holding you back is fear...so this might be a good choice. Make sure you discuss everything...how it would work. his ability to cover both of your expenses...what this will mean for the two of you...before you commit to going though. This is important...because...you will continue to have personal financial needs and with your not having a job at first..he will have to cover those too. Make sure the math actually works before you go. And you both need to be on the same page about the move.

Best Answer

Depends on where in TN. Memphis and Nashville are not for the faint of heart.

Best Answer

I don't think three months is long enough to be in a relationship before you move halfway across the country (away from your family and medical insurance) to be with somebody. If he leaves you high and dry, then what? What if he has found somebody else in TN? What if you can't find a decent job (with medical coverage, yes, that is important)? I mean there are too many what ifs to pack up and leave the life that you know and the people that you know for a boatload of unknowns. If you had been with him for years, and had a stable, loving relationship, that would be worth taking a shot on, but three months seems a little short to me.<br />
My recommendation is the long distance relationship thing and see how that works out. If both of you are committed enough to each other to make an LTR work, then that may be worth taking a shot on in a year or two. If not, well, then it may not have been worthwhile and you didn't end up sacrificing a stable life for something that may have ended up as a wild goose chase.

Best Answer

What else is in CT for you? I mean, this is a beautiful state.. you sure you want to leave? LOL. And what happens if it dont work out? Things do change you know.. would you have to give up stuff here? Or can you just take an extended vacation down there for now.. ?

Best Answer

The only thing in ct is family and I don't like ct anyway. I would be losing medical insurance if I left. But that's all

Best Answer

Well TN might be a culture shock.. anyway, family and medical... kind of a big deal. There really isn't a right answer here.. and of course in hindsight it might end up being the opposite of the one you choose.

Best Answer

see the movie Little Birds, its kinda your story

Best Answer

I would wait a little while for him to be settled in TN, financially ok, etc...then I'd go!

Best Answer