Ever been to one? First question, Name. Second question, What is wrong. Third question, Insurance. Fourth question, Next of kin. Confident, right?

Best Answer

You left out date of birth. I was asked that again and again. I get that it's a good bit of identification, but come on. I'm coming out of shock, strung up on pain killers, disoriented, etc., and you take it for granted that I'm giving accurate information? You also left out that in the US, those questions also have the undertone of "was it your fault or someone else's fault?" and that someone may be looking to get one over on you financially.

Best Answer

Sure, at about triple the cost of going to a family doctor, and those emergency room costs are generally paid for by the rest of us who do have healthcare

Best Answer

You're dangerously close to hitting it on the nose. Furthermore, the ER gets clogged up with people who should receive preventative care at primary care providers.

Best Answer

sure and the first question asked is do u have insurance no ??? damn well u are fine u can go home

Best Answer

Even if you have multiple insurance plans, if the hospital finds it troublesome to bill, it's much easier to just send the patient to collections.

Best Answer

I dislocated my finger in Australia. Consultation, x-ray, treatment - <br />
1. if I went to emergency, it would have cost me nothing. <br />
2. I went to the doctor & have insurance, so it cost me $30, <br />
3. If my income was lower, going to the doctor would have cost me nothing. <br />
4. Our economy is strong - we didn't have a recession - so we can afford this system. We pay 1% of my income on public health system.<br />
My sister visiting the US had an asthma attack. Consultation, x-ray, treatment cost $850.<br />
My cousin in the US pays $2000/month for health insurance (I pay that in a year, i think).

Best Answer

My employer offers health insurance coverage and pays a portion of it. My employer pays more than most in my industry. The total for premiums paid by me and my employer for my family is about 20-25% of my gross income.

Best Answer

Ignorance its the one word that sums up that statement. And quite frankly I would be amazed at a presidential candidate saying this if Mitt hadn't said many ignorant things before. He completely misunderstands the challenges facing the majority of Americans in this tough time and as such he is unfit to be president.<br />
And what's more pity the world if he becomes the most powerful man in it.<br />
Yours sincerely<br />
A Brit

Best Answer

I think "ignorant" is an apt word. Mitt it not stupid but out of touch and does not understand much of what the American public faces each day.

Best Answer

That is fine for a real emergency, but where does the person go who has cancer and needs surgery, chemotherapy or radiation therapy? They won't treat a person in the ER for those things, they will send the patient to an oncologist. An oncologist doesn't have to treat the patient who has an inability to pay. Not sure how Mitt can make such a stupid comment.

Best Answer

Then you're stuck with a pre-existing condition. You have cancer? Previous hospitalization? Mental illness??? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Yep, and go home with an enormous bill. No worries though, we can always borrow the money from our rich parents to pay it off.

Best Answer

There is a difference between not having insurance and not having health care. My wife works at a large metropolitan hospital, it is illegal for them to refuse to treat you, you cannot be turned away if you don't have insurance. The reason that Insurance is so expensive is partly because too many people take advantage of that and those who do pay have to pay for themselves and for those who don't pay. the other reason is because health insurance creates a financial disconnect between the doctor and the patient.

Best Answer

I'll buy my own health insurance happily if it means I pay far less in taxes. ba<x>sed on the average monthly cost for health insurance, I am paying enough in taxes to cover 5 people with some really spectacular coverage! ...This really angers me... I don't want to pay everyone else's health insurance. So here it is, If you are healthy and/or capable if making your own and your not, go to the ER, I am sick of paying for you... ER is cheaper on my taxes. Fact of the matter is, if you almost never go to a doctor, the ER is actually rather cheap. If you visit it once in 2 years and it costs you a whole $300... So what! I mean do the math of the average $130 to $200 an month on health insurance VS that rare visit to the ER. The ER is cheaper for the lazy.. Fact is, I will not pay for lazy people, it's why I resist the socialist ideals (which fail in other countries), the more you take from the government, the more the government takes, it's cutting your own damn throat. People come to the US for the best doctors, now why is that? Same reason NASA would have been light years ahead of it self without the government as it's sponsor.

Best Answer

I understand your viewpoint but i should point out that US taxes will not be lowered no matter how much you find your own healthcare. Additionally not much of that money is going to healthcare in the fist place.

Best Answer

*fund

Best Answer

There are many things our taxes go to, but I was ranting on this subject specifically. Entitlements in general are becoming destructive. I don't mind my taxes going to someone who actually needs help. I do however mind my taxes going to perfectly capable and healthy people. Life is hard, but one can just take and give nothing back. People blame their issue on the economy, but they don't take into account that they actually created their own hell. It's a simple fundamental economic choice the people made. They made the choice to buy the cheap import over the quality slightly more expensive domestically produced. Funny part is, the cheap import cost as much as 30 times what the more expensive domestic item actually was. How? Well, the more you by import the lower your pay gets, the less you can afford not to mention replacing that item frequently. That was the tiny decision that created our economic downturn.

Best Answer

Who else would have sponsored NASA? It sure wasn't Boeing or Lockheed Martin. You pay for your health insurance. You pay in taxes and higher premiums for other people's ER visits. I'd be curious to know the percentage of non-insured people who default on ER expenses. That money is paid by working people's taxes and insured people's premiums.

Best Answer

Who is sponsoring Richard Branson? Interestingly enough, without all the red tape, RIchard is 1000 closer to taking everyday people to space cheaply than NASA ever was. He did that in WAY less time with far less money. Thing is, NASA was buried in red tape, that made projects far more expensive.

Best Answer

Ok Rhichard Brans-ton is insanely wealthy and heads one of the worlds most wealthy business empires. Yet due to the self-built nature of the empire he doesn't really answer to anyone regarding expenditure. You cannot use him to justify private sector investment.

Best Answer

You do realize Richard Branson started his endeavours after NASA landed a man on the moon, right? There is a huge difference between sending someone up in a vomit comet and landing a person on the moon, conducting scientific experiments, etc, If it had not been for the space exploration of NASA, the Soviets/Russians, and ESA, Branson would still be flying people from London to New York.

Best Answer

Sure you can, how does a single guy do all that? Why is his empire so big? Well, it's what he does for people and in return it's what people did for him. Then he took what the people gave back to him and returned it yet again. The people funded his empire at their own will, people are the reason he has what he does. He has a strong balance between give and take, Richard is not very one sided. Our government on the other hand is running very one sided, You can't give too much nor can you take too much, an imbalance creates upheaval. Would the tires on your car do well if you heavily weighted one side? The faster the imbalanced tire spins the more violent it gets; that's what is happening right now, we have a sever imbalance and it's spinning quickly out of control. Richard did not just give give give nor just take take take. He does the right amount of give which promotes the right amount of take. There are millions of "just one guy's" out there who can change everything around us. It only takes one to make the the difference.

Best Answer

I'm not sure I follow your tire analogy. If I weigh down one side of the car, the tires wear faster on that side. The drive tire doesn't get more violent and both tires spin at the same speed.
I'm not a Richard Branson historian, but I do know that he started Virgin in the UK, where he and his partners, and all his British employees, were covered by universal healthcare. Doesn't seem that the taxes incurred by such a system kept Branson from creating a corporate empire and the jobs that go with it.

Best Answer

It's like the Republican party is trying to lose on purpose. Wth is going on here?

Best Answer

They're trying to convince the hard-working middle class they'll pay more even though they should already be paying for insurance for themselves and their families. Anyone who chooses not to pay for health insurance for his/her family is not a family values voter, now are they?

Best Answer

That's interesting

Best Answer

What an approach

Best Answer

WTF am I paying insurance for? Man do I feel stupid. Hey Farmers..... I'm canceling in the morning! Great now I'll have enough money to party til I'm sick........then ummmm ...ya.... then go to the Emergency Room.

Best Answer

Have fun waiting around with 47% of the country, you hippie!

Best Answer

Mine was sarcasm, your for real on MAKING people purchase your product.

Best Answer

Is there really that distinctive a line between the government forcing (at the point of a fee/tax) someone to buy a service and the government buying products and services on your behalf? Currently, your taxes and mine pay for healthcare for government employees, not to mention everything from pens to pensions.

Best Answer

Carried out to the legal end of collecting that fee/tax, it is at the point of a gun.
Not expecting that your embracing of socialist ideas will change; I will still offer my opinion. There is a HUGE difference between someone taking your money and spending it the way they want vs suggesting through force that you buy a product from their friends with the money you still have left after they have already taken from you. Again . Not that you will understand this but it is an affront to Free Peoples to (A) be forced to purchase a product.......(B) pay for one that is already being paid for.

Best Answer

There is an ocean of difference between not understanding and not agreeing. First, I would guess that insurance providers are cozier with Republicans than Democrats. If the point of the ACA were to reward a few companies through cronyism, wouldn't it have been easier to achieve that through a single-payer model where the government collects all premiums and funnels them to the select few companies? Furthermore, I'd assert that any law is, to some extent, an affront on the freedoms with which we are endowed. That said, we agree to give up some freedoms for the sake of the social contract into which we all enter. I am not free to keep every penny I earn from my job. I am free to sleep peacefully at night because of the police, fire, intelligence officers, and US military that are on constant alert.

Best Answer

one of the main reasons i wont leave the uk, healths covered for me :p

Best Answer

Do you have coverage when you leave the auld sod?

Best Answer

i... have no idea what "auld" is ment to mean :p

Best Answer

I don't know what "ment" is. I thought Brits always add letters, like colour.

Best Answer