So, my dad is protective to the point where it's just ridiculous! He's always trying to go though me and my families stuff. We can't even leave our phone in a different room. Well, yesterday my friend was taking a shower and he picked it up and read it after it vibrated! I know he's my dad but people need their privacy! Even my mom agrees with this!
Crunchy20 Crunchy20 13-15, F 11 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Parenting & Family

just hide your phone

Best Answer

Set up a password on the phone. Even the cheapest of phones have such a feature.

Best Answer

I agree, it is ridiculous. Or have you given him reason to be so cautious?<br />
Ask him what would it take for him to trust that he raised you right, and you will do what you need to, to keep yourself safe?<br />
(And don't ever abuse that trust, ever! You might not get a chance to mess up again, because you might end up dead. There are very bad people out there.)<br />
You're still very young, but right now is when you start transitioning into an adult.<br />
Be responsible with your actions, and go from there, to build his trust.<br />
His snooping in your friend's business, was totally wrong, but I can see why he did it.<br />
If she's doing something wrong, so most likely you are to.

Best Answer

Neither of us did anything though... He just likes to be in everyone's business. I talked to him about it and my sister did as well but he doesn't care. He saw that my friend cursed and said he's very disappointed with what kids do now days. I just think that some things are ment to be private.

Best Answer

Yes, you're right some things are meant to be private.
You may need to seek counceling.
He needs to realize at some point, he has to start letting go.
I wish you luck!

Best Answer

I have counseling already... He doesn't understand...

Best Answer

He needs counceling with you.
Do you think he might drive you away?
Especially when you get old enough?

Best Answer

I'm leaving as soon as I'm able to...

Best Answer

Yeah you need to tell dad to back off just a little bit.

Best Answer

respect to your father

Best Answer

I give him respect. Shouldn't I get something back? Even the smallest amount?

Best Answer

yes, ask him to stop

Best Answer

I'm working on that...

Best Answer

Hey. You repost! I got you

Best Answer

Yea! Sorry I had to!

Best Answer

its ok. i'm just joking

Best Answer

Hehe thanks.

Best Answer

You need to try to talk to your Dad about it. Let him know he seriously embarrassed, and made your friend very uncomfortable. Tell him he's alienating you from your friends with his behavior. You really need to have a relaxed conversation about it if you want any of it to possibly sink it. At any moment you get upset, too upset, almost tantrum yelling, screaming in his mind you revert to the 6 year old little girl etched forever in his memory and he'll auto think what he's doing is okay because he's protecting his little girl, which he is, but he does need to calm down.

Best Answer

I did talk to him about it and he said he has the right to do what he wants. My mom said she's going to yell at him about it because it none of his business. I know he's trying to protect me but if something bad happens I'm obviously going to let him know. It's not like I text people I don't know.

Best Answer