NSA says "We don't spy on congress".....But, we "might" collect meta data.......HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! This ADMINISTRATION is NUTS....Its a dash of Stalin, a tad bit of HITLER and some Castro......
lostinchicago lostinchicago 56-60, M 4 Answers Jan 15 in Politics

The NSA was collecting data LONG before Obama came into office. Long before Bush came into office. And there's a large difference between actively spying on someone and collecting enormous chunks of metadata to hold in some archive. Most of that data will never be gone through.<br />
Again, we give corporations and marketing professionals more data willingly than the NSA could ever collect on us.

Best Answer

@ O - Well, You're 1/2 right...I worked for the US Government, Counter Intelligence for a total of 18 years...Now here's the 1/2 wrong part - Its more then just META data...

Best Answer

Okay, you're right there. It can be more than simple metadata. However, most of it by sheer bulk is fairly meaningless.

Best Answer

@ O....True....I've listened to crap like; "Cookie mix"...Hardly national threat.....But ALL becomes classified not always because of the content (cookie mix) but HOW we capture that data....What we do with it, etc..etc..etc...

Best Answer

I don't understand why any Congressman would vote for any funding of that disaster.

Best Answer

The FBI spied on Congress The CIA spied on Congress. So what did you expect from the NSA? Personally, I believe that those who protect national security need to know what Pelosi's plans are.

Best Answer