I say "Nay". Although I am not completely opposed to any "province" or "territory" from becoming the next "state", Puerto Rico's Unemployment rate stands at well over 13% and we can not welcome them until we fix the current economy in the 50 states we have now.
calicuz calicuz 41-45, M 9 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Politics

Will they take responsibility for their share of the $16,000,000,000,000 national debt?<br />
Maybe we could ask for cash up front. Call it a registration fee. They also have to take their fare share of illegal aliens.

Best Answer

That's true. They didn't think about "their share" of the National Debt before asking for State Hood, and your "registration fee" of 16 trillion dollars is beginning to "swing" my vote to in the other direction. I'm sure they'll have their issues with illegal aliens as all other states in the U.S. have.

Best Answer

51st state? Didn't 0bamb already say there are 57 states, so wouldn't that make them 58th?

Best Answer

Apparently his "mind" was on the "57" States of Islam. *smh*

Best Answer

Nay for now. We have much mending to do. Although I would welcome in a heartbeat if we could provide for them. We are struggling

Best Answer

I agree. Let's clean our own house first.

Best Answer

Exactly my feelings

Best Answer

AyeNay sounds like someone from Mynmmar, soon you will have Russia who want to be the 52nd US state followed by China, Philippines and Mexico,, so i will say Ob la di Ob la da -

Best Answer

I vote Meh.

Best Answer

I would expect nothing less from a bar code... lol...

Best Answer