"I'm not saying like everyone, but do you sometimes feel some physical/emotional/s*xual attraction to people outside your race? What is it about that person ?". Yes I talk about race but I'm not judging/implying anything negative towards anyone based on race... WHAT THE HELL ??
OntreMuzik OntreMuzik 16-17, M 23 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

It must be hardwired in or something. <br />
You are what you are, & you're a racist. <br />
*skips away to communicate with egalitarian types instead*

Best Answer

you still keep telling me I'm Racists when IM NOT !!!!! Even worsts you haven't explained to me at all why what I said is so racists ?

Best Answer

I did. In the original thread! &amp; hardcassle puts it brilliantly above too.

Best Answer

Hi Sonnet

Best Answer

you are so ignorant

Best Answer

Hi Ferric! *waves*
Ferric have you met Literaturegirl? She's president of my fan club y'know. :D

Best Answer

Too bad we aren't all colour blind

Best Answer

If ignorance is bliss, there are some really, really happy people in this thread.<br />
Our differences may define us, but defining those diffences and accentuating them, especially those that are ba<x>sed on race is inherently racist. People are people. Asking a question about dating outside of your race IS inherently racist. It may be a valid question, and people may be a bit too sensitive, but it is what it is.

Best Answer

Thank you Goliath! I just wanted to point that out, so maybe he'd think about that... Perhaps I was a little bullish in doing it. But THAT was my intent.

Best Answer

perhaps you should of asked me instead of passing judgement off what you "think" instead of what you "know" :)

Best Answer

Perhaps. Sorry about that... I stand by intend, but maybe not the content. The part where I called you an imbecile at least. :)

Best Answer

ur a troll aren't u ?

Best Answer

Young man, you need a few years under your belt. Leave it at that. Enjoy your youth, but don't forget that you are not the first to tread these waters. Hopefully with age will come wisdom and understanding....it doesn't always as is evident here, but I can tell you that at your age, while you may believe to the contrary, you "know" very little.

Best Answer

And yet I've been able to prove my point without being judgemental which is what you are being right now and age really hasn't got to do anything about this and actually your being ageist, what you need to do is recognize that I was right and she was wrong :)

Best Answer

not an ageist....an experiencist. big difference.

Best Answer

no your an ageist, you think because I'm younger I'm not able to understand and that I quote "know very little", which is another accusation because you can't prove that and I finially realize that she did only do all that to get a reaction out of me and unfortunately I let her but that's okay because for someone at her age that's just pathetic because adults are suppose to be role models and she clearly isn't so you can think whatever you want but I know who I am and age has nothing to do it :)

Best Answer

you like to argue don't you.

Best Answer

No, I like to defend myself from people who make false accusations, just make them understand !

Best Answer

lmao....you are still arguing.

Best Answer

k

Best Answer

Oh now... &amp; there was me trying to let you off light because you're only a little'un. Tsk tsk. . . Here's the fact of it. By implying, if not straight out saying that there is something unusual about interracial relationships you are showing yourself to believe that it is not normal. That is wrong plain &amp; simple.

Best Answer

But I wasn't implying it either, that's why I said you should of confronted me instead of making false accusations but you didn't and that's why your wrong

Best Answer
Best Answer

I'm not sure you know what implying means... Anyway, I'm bored. *wanders off*

Best Answer

no i do, but I don' think you know when your wrong, but let me just tell you both, YOUR WRONG !!

Best Answer

Isn't he cute, Goliath... Can I keep 'im? Can I? ;)

Best Answer

Absolutely not. I ended up feeding the last one you brought home even though you promised you would take care of him.

Best Answer

Ngaww, your both so old and mentally dysfunctional, I'm done with you 2 losers ! Goodbye xx

Best Answer

*pouts*

Best Answer

Ok...Ok...if you promise you will clean up his "accidents."
*can't stand to see Sonnet pout*

Best Answer

No, you were wrong, and she was tactless.

Best Answer

There are some intellectual midgets who claim racist at the drop of a hat. It's their way of trying to silence a different opinion. Your comment is not racist, but there is an implication in it that you think it is odd to be attracted to someone of another race. That in itself, in my opinion is not racist, but it does open you up to some who will jump to that conclusion.

Best Answer

I understand but my only problem with this person was that she made an assumption, which is a pre-determined accusation, meaning she doesn't know for sure whether or not I was racists and instead of confronting me she attacked me

Best Answer

Yes, that is how intellectual midgets operate. Just ignore it.

Best Answer

The question you asked is based on assumptions (people should stick to their own race) which are racist. I don't think it's very useful to label people as being either racist or not racist, but I think the question you asked betrays a certain ignorance about race. Why on earth would it be strange to be attracted "outside your own race"?

Best Answer

I don't see where his assumptions-which are drawn by the reader, not stated by the writer-are necessarily racist; meaning a sense of one race being superior. I see it simply as something new to him, like he has only seen people of his community match up within their race. In fact, he is indicating an attraction to someone of another race; and so I would say that he is not as labeled.

Best Answer

NO, u people read too much into it, obviously people are more likely to be attracted to people in their own race due to the fact that there are so many similarities which makes it comfortable, I was merely Asking whether or not people are attracted to people outside their race, but because you guys are too focused on trolling any opportunity u can get is why your opinion means nothing

Best Answer

Haha, lol. I guess you were pointing out attraction through familiarity vs it's opposite. There are many cultures (subcultures) that are more inclined to date foreign people (sometimes out of spite of their own culture).

Best Answer

Same old self righteous bull ****. These race baiting witch hunters are every where just brain washed sheeple doing what their programed to do.

Best Answer

It's the implication that it's odd to be attracted to someone's personal qualities if that individual is not of the same racial or ethnic background as yourself. There IS a certain racial prejudice implied in the question. Someone free from racial bias (admittedly few of us) would not ask such a question, it wouldn't occur to them that one wouldn't be attracted to someone they "clicked" with. Regardless of race.

Best Answer

If you really want to stir things up be attracted to another species! I am all about dolphins myself.

Best Answer

That reminds me, can you please return my milk crate? The bucket I have been using is just not as stable.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Dolphins, the thinking zoophiles crumpet...

Best Answer

To me there is only one race, the human race, but we all come from different ethnic backgrounds. I don't believe ethnicity and race are actually the same thing. The thing is, it's not your fault, because it's part of the world we live in and is the norm, but separating things or calling attention to things as a racial aspect and/or skin pigment, is racist. It is the social norm among all ethnic groups though, so many don't see it as that way.

Best Answer

okay

Best Answer

I've had the same thing happen. Some people can't stand the subject of race and will take it out on anyone who brings it up.

Best Answer

Not at all ,its a preference? Maybe he is insecure?

Best Answer

Doesn't sound racist as in hateful but it implies there's some sort of difference between one race and another.

Best Answer

There are differences between races, why do people say that race isn't a factor when it is, Race affects everyones lives and that still doesn't explain how it implies anything negative towards a race ?

Best Answer

I get what you are saying ontremuzik. I didn't take that as racist...just a question. But I can see where others might see it a different way. You gotta be careful on here...or anywhere when asking race questions. Even if your intentions were harmless

Best Answer

the only thing was that she made an assumption which is a pre-determined judgement, meaning she didn't know if I were really racists or not and instead of confronting me she attacked me, calling me a racists, so I feel like my harmless question is still exactly that

Best Answer

I've got to say this before my brain explodes. A racisT -- two racisTS. You keep saying "a racists".

Best Answer

Maybe you should watch your phraseology.

Best Answer

okay.... can you phrase this in another way that is not so racists then ?

Best Answer

Use different words, like ethnicity and maybe change the sentence a bit. Like, 'have you ever been drawn to someone of a different ethnicity? What was the attraction?' Of course, someone else might find that offensive. You shouldn't get bent out of shape by one opinion.

Best Answer

But still means the same thing? You just gave a bunch of synonyms for a sentence which means exactly the same thing

Best Answer

Yes. But there is a difference between calling someone a person of color versus black. Can ya see it?

Best Answer

Some people are more sensitive to certain words. Synonyms often set a different tone as well, and if you can't get that, smh

Best Answer

well colour vs black is not a synonym for person, human being is, ethnicity is exactly the same and whether or not I phrase it differently it still means the same thing ! My only problem is that if something is implied then confront me instead of attacking me with false accusations and thats all I'm trying to say

Best Answer

Then you should've phrased your question differently.

Best Answer

ahh well. someppl just like to go around pointing fingers.. i suggest you turn your hand and point one right back :)

Best Answer

yar. i hate ppl who pull the race card. espesh morons.

Best Answer

How about ask if you are attracted to other ethnicities sp*? instead.

Best Answer

Do people not know what synonyms are? That's pretty much saying the same thing !! OMG

Best Answer

Don't complain to me. You asked.

Best Answer

I'm sorry

Best Answer

Thank You for that. You're forgiven. I wasn't implying that you sounded racist at all....was just offering another option.

Best Answer

sorry, I'm just very frustrated at this person :) but thank you as well

Best Answer

The phrasing isn't the problem, the underlying assumption is.

Best Answer

Meh, it's just miscommunication or a misunderstanding, it happens a lot. Don't let it wind you up, just ignore and find peace in yourself knowing that you aren't racist.

Best Answer

but how, how would that come across racists ?

Best Answer

Because it (appears to) assume there's something wrong (or at least unusual) with being attracted to a different race, which brings to mind segregation.

Best Answer

Anytime a person differentiates or describes someone ba<x>sed on their race, it is racism.

Best Answer