I HAVE to get her something...*sighs*
Zoranna Zoranna 56-60, F 15 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Community

I go through the same thing on the 19th of December of every year. She is very hard to buy for so a good book or music she loves is usually what I choose to get for her.

Best Answer

Ended up getting the two DVD sets of Boardwalk Empire, flowers and an IOU in a card for dinner, wherever she'd like to go. She loved it. :)

Best Answer

I'll send you a carton of HOBGOBLIN, she will love you for it. :)

Best Answer

Noooo she wouldn't. She wouldn't drink beer, good grief man. She's a Gin & Tonic lady. Bombay Sapphire at that too. But thanks for the thought. :)

Best Answer

There you go, now you know what to buy her, and it was your idea. :)

Best Answer

lol She's self sufficient in that department. She still has duty free stock there. I'm going with the IOU in a card and flowers. :)

Best Answer

If it's my mom, then it's something like a houseplant, something for the garden, or something that is just pretty and sentimental. Doesn't have to be expensive- just something she likes. One year I gave my mom a glass box...she really likesseeing it and keeps her rings there. Another year it was The Serenity Prayer on a plate...she keeps that on the windowsill where she can read it.

Buying gifts for my mom can be very hard, as she really does buy what she wants. At this point in our lives, I realize that it really is the thought that counts. Usually a birthday card and handwritten note is what makes her smile. Once in a while I can find something online that she is having a hard time locating- she hates computers.

Best Answer

Totally understand. My Mum's pretty savvy with her computer though. :)

Best Answer

Tell her you love her and thank you for all the wonderful times we spent together and many more

Best Answer

She's in no doubt about that. Thanks. :)

Best Answer

A day with her doing things she wants too do. Does not have too be specifically on her birthday. Give an open IOU card. Anytime anywhere

Best Answer

Yes. Came to that conclusion with Joseph above. Excellent idea. Thanks. :)

Best Answer

If she lives close to her you take her out for dinner or provide some service she doesn't have, such as house cleaning.

Best Answer

Day out I think. She has a house cleaner. :)

Best Answer

Sounds good!

Best Answer

It does, the more I think about it. Thanks to all you guys. :))

Best Answer

Simple, your love ;)

Best Answer

She has that always. :)

Best Answer

I bet she would love a little more :)
It sounds like your relationship is golden :)

Best Answer

It's quite special, yes. :)

Best Answer

juicer

Best Answer