Furthermore what more will it take for Americans to wake up and take their country back.
PicturesOfABetterLife PicturesOfABetterLife 31-35, M 5 Answers Sep 23, 2013 in Politics

wtf really? they are making the illegally imprisoned and tortured people pay fees for their torture.... thats gotta be the lowest i have ever heard..

Best Answer

Yep. Former Gitmo detainees tried to sue for damages and now have to pay the security contractor's legal bills.

Best Answer

as if being a gitmo detainee wasn't bad enough... i would just tell em to **** themselves and act like you care about your people...

Best Answer

did not know this.

Best Answer

Behave and you won't get tortured?

Best Answer

WTF are you talking about?

Best Answer

Former detainees at Gitmo who were released because they were innocent tried suing CECI the contractors who work in that Gulag and tortured them. Not only did their case get thrown out but the DOJ ruled in favor of the private security contractor when they counter sued for their legal fees. At least here in Canada our government had the decency and the humility to pay damages when we gave the CIA one of our innocent citizens to be tortured in Syria with the Extraordinary Rendition horror show. I guess they don't cover that on Faux News Maple? :-)

Best Answer

Never heard of prisoners of war being able to sue their captors before.
I have no Idea if they covered it on fox news I don't have cable or satellite so am restricted to ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS, Didn't hear anything about it on there.

Best Answer

Figures you would not here it from the Department of propaganda. They are and never were prisoners of war. That was your governments pathetic justification for violating the Geneva convention and opening that Gulag. Can't have it both ways. They were random afghans rounded up because the US Army was moronic enough to offer bounties for people who fired rockets at US bases in Afghanistan. So the Taliban was firing rockets and rounding up random afghans and turning them in for case. So the US Army ended up directly funding their enemy. Talk about amateur hour.

Best Answer

If that is an accurate description of what happened your right. But it isn't quite passing the smell test.

Best Answer

This is all very well documented. Hell the US Military also paid a retainer to an Afghan con artist who had them convinced he was a high ranking Taliban leader. These are all well documented scandals easily looked up. Hell some of the random people they rounded up are still locked up there even though they have been cleared for release.

Best Answer

You'd think something like that would be all over the news, After all they couldn't wait to go on and on about water boarding or a couple of GI's releaving themselves on dead terrorist or alleged mistreatment of a koran etc. They all have a well documented history of sensationalizing stories for their own benefit.

Best Answer

Educate yourself. Don't wait for the Propaganda Department to spoon feed you a sanitized press release.

Best Answer

To tell the truth I don't much care about the fate of some terrorist or terrorist supporters locked away in a cell someplace, I don't know why we are in Afghanistan or any other Muslim country, If it were up to me our troops would never had been there to begin with, the afghans need to clean their own house if they don't like the Taliban selling them into slavery then they should rise up against the Taliban and not be looking to us to solve the problem. When they harbored the people who attacked us on 9/11 we should have bombed them into the stone age and left.

Best Answer

First off none of them are terrorist but if that makes you feel better so you can sleep at night you are entitled to your fantasies. They do not need to do anything dictated by the all mighty empire where most citizens can't find their own town on a map let alone Afghanistan. Blaming the victim is a nice distraction but does not absolve America of war crimes and crimes against humanity. The entire Bush admin and Obama admin should be sitting in the Hague in chains. They actually offered Bin laden up back in 2001 on condition that he was handed over to a neutral third party for trial. But Bush wanted to be a war president so you can thank your former president for that. And if you are not smart enough to understand blow back and why your suggestion to bomb and leave would be the biggest recruitment gift to the terrorists I am glad you don't make policy.

Best Answer

You have your fantasies and I'll have mine. We're all equal here your opinions carry no more weight than mine. Good by.

Best Answer

I agree. We are all equals we all have or illusions. That being said there is a difference between opinion and fact. And you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Don't believe me try looking some of this up. If you can navigate this site you have the skills to do the leg work and educating yourself never hurt anyone.

Best Answer

Same can be said about you. It is obvious that you have a huge chip on your shoulder and harbor hate for the US and it's military. I Don't so we just to need to agree to disagree and let it drop.

Best Answer

I just speak truth to power. I cannot support a nation that spies on everyone and makes the Stasi look like beginner and runs a Gulag and death camp. Plus I come from a military family in Canada and since every Canadian who has died in combat since 1945 has died because of US foreign policy bungles I have a certain amount of animosity for the jokers who run your country. And the hundreds of dead Canadians in Afghanistan are dead because Bush wanted to be a cowboy and was to dim to realize the world is not a Clint Eastwood movie. I am tired of my nation being drained of blood and treasure for US imperialism. We should have learned with the British both in Canada and the US. Hell the US should really know better but has just grown up to be just like Mother England.

Best Answer

Thud crash clang, that was me dropping it.

Best Answer