Sorry, kind of an angry question to which I gave little thought. I was reacting to some of these professional victims that seem to think that Mississippi is still burning. One didn't have much good to say about the white folks who marched and died right alongside people of color.
puck61 puck61 51-55, M 11 Answers Mar 12, 2012

Only in that they wanted a better country for everyone, and were brave enough to put themselves out there to help make it happen. They wanted to be part of the solution, not the problem.

Best Answer

They died valiantly and are slandered by those who wish to continue in that mindset. Those who would be lost without the line of segregation that is drawn by todays so called " activists".

Best Answer

Well, they weren't being slandered by ME. Why do I feel like I'm being scolded here ? I was a child during the Civil Rights movement, my mother wanted to go to Mississippi "for my children", she said. My father was worried, but about to relent---and then Mrs Liuzzo was murdered. Many people died, including faceless blacks you will never hear about. But I will always deeply respect people who weren't in the line of fire, had nothing to gain except having done the proper thing, and being on the correct side of history, who left the comfort of their homes to try to make a difference. .

Best Answer

No, they died because someone killed them. Their actions, as everyone's actions are, were motivated by self interest though.

Best Answer

cold and correct

Best Answer

They died because they wanted equality for all.

Best Answer

Like many others during the early and mid-60s,they headed to the South to confront the continuing injustice which by then was evident for all to see - and they did so knowing the grave risks and danger that they were facing.As a teenager in Australia at the time,I followed the ongoing story,which was big news here and around the world.

Best Answer

Who's self is served here? They were victims, they were acted upon....maybe the killings were in the self interest of the murderers, but that's a stretch too.<br />
Are you saying that they deliberately put themselves in harms way to serve their own purposes? Yes, I suppose, but it was not beneficial to anyone for them to die. And for sure it was not in their self interest.

Best Answer

No not at all. There is a certain faction of professional victims who would dare say such a thing. The same ones who say that "Americas chickens have come home to roost".

Best Answer

This question makes no sense.

Best Answer

r-e-a-d-i-n-g comprehension. Let's say it together.

Best Answer

I can read just fine but I wonder if you can.

Best Answer

self interest, fear and insecurity

Best Answer

So, they drove down to Mississippi to be murdered and buried in a garbage dump because of fear and insecurity?

Best Answer

Fear, insecurity, self interest and anger is what caused them to be killed - you didn't mention who's self interest you were talking about

Best Answer