ItsmeDee ItsmeDee 41-45, F 6 Answers Sep 25, 2012 in Hobbies

It wouldn't matter. When you're talking about world hunger, irresponsible farming and economic practices are much more of a problem than whether or not we go vegan.

Best Answer

Yes, it's true. Think about it, when man was a hunter/gatherer and ate the "macrobiotic diet they suggest, the average life span was in the 20s. Now it's past 70 and climbing all the time.

Best Answer

No way. There will always be vegetation to share with the next vegan.

Best Answer

How so? Plenty of farm land, and you can always build greenhouses where water and milder heat is available. Not to mention seaweed harvesting. And everybody could grow stuff in their backyards. Be part of a co-op.

Best Answer

Whos all these ppl with backyards?

Best Answer

I have a good-size one. In any case, there are urban gardens. And city parks could sustain vegetable gardens too.

Best Answer

I know of 1 urban garden where I live..There is not enough free land here to feed the city..

Best Answer

And how many farmers bring their goods into the city every week? How many farmer's markets in your area? And there's hydroponics. There. Is. So. Much. Empty. Land.

Best Answer

Nope the animals would overrun everything like the wild boars in the southern states

Best Answer

Well I guess all us vegans will have to find a way to protect our food source, right? I mean, we have to eat. Let the wolves take care of them.

Best Answer

Then we are over run by wolves ...Either way its a nice balance of Vegan eaters and Meat eaters in the world right now ..

Best Answer

Oh please. Wolves are territorial. And they fight for the right to be where they are. By their own habits they will control their own populations. That and there's far more land than you think there is. With modern technology no one need go hungry. The Middle East tows icebergs from the Arctic to their lands. You really think we can't turn every bit of unpopulated land into fields for food? And then there's this.
http://www.psrast.org/orgfarmmonbiot.htm

Best Answer

GOD said that we could eat meat. Besides, India<br />
is the largest and most populated vegetarian country<br />
on the planet and look at all of the problems that they<br />
have...LOL.<br />
I'm stickin' with the pig! Piggly Wiggly.

Best Answer