mulder mulder 26-30 13 Answers Jun 29, 2012

You don't get it do you? Nothing about Obamacare means "no charge" for anyone. Instead it simply mandates you have to buy insurance whether you want it or not or be subject to a hefty penalty.<br />
So you don't need healthcare? You're going to pay for it anyway. It's not about being "free" it's about making young people who really don't need it pay so that Obama can afford to offer truly free healthcare to the drug addicts, illegal aliens and second and third generation terminally unemployable.

Best Answer

They don't seem to understand that the health insurance that their employer pays the lions share of is, when their employer opts to pay the lesser fine instead , is going to come completely out of their pay check in the form of increased federal taxes, or they can buy private insurance that will eat up a huge chunk of their pay. It amazes me them number of people that think because they don't receive a bill in the mail marked health insurance that it is free.

Best Answer

You speak the truth

Best Answer

Another that speaks the truth

Best Answer

That's a big misunderstanding. It won't be free for anyone. You will have to pay.

Best Answer

You could go anytime. Check ups are not expensive without insurance. It's the lab tests that will be a hassle.

Best Answer

Any lab tests considered essential to your health are covered by the health care system in Australia. I didn't have to pay a cent to have MRI scans, for example.

Best Answer

Check up here is 150 dollars just to walk in...unless i go to the health department but they can't do nothing for my knees..

Best Answer

That works, but we don't have the tax base for a system like you have. America will be shocked at what happens to our taxes when this system comes 100% live. "Socialized" medicine only works when you have the monetary stream to support it. Currently we don't have it.

Best Answer

I know i give ned a hard time but I admire Australia for its health care. Its wild life ain't bad either

Best Answer

the way I understand its going to help me,,we could just use the plan Romney used in massachusetts

Best Answer

$150 isn't that bad when you think about it. Dr's time, PA, time, nurse maybe, room charges, supplies. All of it. As for the knees, that is different and the Dr would need to send you to a specialist. I know the system isn't the best, but it's something. I just don't want to be taxed out of existance.

Best Answer

Wars are more profitable than healthcare.

Best Answer

It is when you don't have it or no way to get it

Best Answer

To bad we can't sneak into Mexico to get free care, like they do here. What a BUMMER!

Best Answer

Back before I knew better, I dropped my medical insurance after I was put on social security disability and qualified for medicare. I wish now I had kept my own coverage but I thought having a limited disability income thinking it would be best to use the medicare plans. Cost is almost too much for my now pre-existing condition to go back and the plans are limited in the treatment I can receive. Obama care isn't helping anything and I can see my cost going up more. I thought about going uninsured but that is going to tax me around $2100 a year still cheaper than premiums and co-pays for medicare and presc<x>riptions.

Best Answer

Oh - will that mean that it will cost more when we are on Medicare? Almost free for low income - before 65. Medicare = must have supplemental to do anything?

Best Answer

when you are on Medicare, your costs will not increase for the care, but the donut loophole that increased the prescription costs for some people on Medicare is closed under the ACA (Obamacare).

Best Answer

Oh, so some people are more equal that others in Medicare? Makes sense - after all this IS America, land of the not so free.

Best Answer

I need to research this too. I have so many health issues I'm pretty sure I'll die before I'm 50.

Best Answer

Here's the jist: Those who can afford to buy into the private health insurance business will be able to do so, while those who can't will be offered affordable coverage. Those who cannot afford anything will not be charged anything and those who can afford to pay millions will have that option.

Best Answer

That's terrible...

Best Answer

A free loader

Best Answer

every third thursday after the new moon, unless you are determined to be close to death, then you will get a shovel (the shovel must be returned to medicaid after your relations fill the hole).

Best Answer

on Sunday

Best Answer

You saying go to church and pray,,

Best Answer

yep....or move to Norway...or Australia

Best Answer

That is the "tea party" solution.

Best Answer

When you become a permanent resident of another country, like Australia.

Best Answer

what about those of us who cant get Medicaid and medicare what do e do

Best Answer