Last night I had an amazing date with this kid Rob. He was wicked cute and was like sooo I don't think you should talk to other guys- just me. And I replied the same for him and girls and he made me pinky promise and we kissed. So in since we aren't talking to other people it's just eachother it means we're clearly interested in eachother but does it mean we're exclusive or something else? And whatever it means, what does that entail? Like I don't get this gray area in between actual bf/gf and just casual.. it's so weird. This is so confusing haha
belledee64 belledee64 18-21, F 10 Answers Mar 6, 2012

over analysed

Best Answer

im a 20 year old girl who grew up on shows like dawsons creek. i overanalyze everything. :P no but seriously ik i am. im just freaking out because i have major butterflies and just cant stop thinking about him but the moment i see him im calm and just go with whatever. its just natural and i dont worry about it

Best Answer

im sorry im a lil tongue in cheek today (and most days) dont take me too seriously. i hope it all works out for you ;)

Best Answer

dont apologize for the truth! lol i overanalyze everything bc im ridiculous like that. its okay it doesnt bother me :)

Best Answer

well thats good. i tend to just rampage with silly answers but wouldnt want to upset so thanks for saying =)

Best Answer

haha its no problem! :)

Best Answer

It is what it is.

Best Answer

i hate that saying with a passion lol

Best Answer

Me too. You should ask him this question

Best Answer

my ex used to say it all the time. if there was a problem in our relationship id wanna talk about trying to figure out how i could fix it and hed just say it is what it is. and hed leave me scrambling putting an effort in all by myself. yuck. bad memories. i still cringe everytime i hear this

Best Answer

ME TOO!!

Best Answer

oh my gosh! is that not the worst?!

Best Answer

Why don't you ask him

Best Answer

I believe that when a guy says that ur status is either "unofficially official" or "complicated" its just like saying that ur single.. He or she just wants the benefits of dating but not the commitment to being with just ONE person.

Best Answer

sharecroppers to share pleasure of life and the world.

Best Answer

say waaaaa? lol

Best Answer

say waaa? lol

Best Answer

smiles.funny one and admire

Best Answer

Ok from a grown woman...here's the skinny. You are young. Don;t get caught up in labels and reading into what he says word for word. Huge mistake that women make. Might as well put a stop to that now and save yourself some major headaches. Men are NOT literal creatures...women ARE. Ok? If he wants more.....trust me he will say it. Right now you are just beginning. Don't over think. Get to know each and see if there's something there. Until you have that conversation....where HE brings up that HE would like to be more exclusive.....ASSUME NOTHING. Ok honey? This is just two people going out, getting to know each other and progress will take it from there. Don't need to worry bout labels or hidden meanings. That's not what makes a relationship....the people do. This is exactly what I would tell my daughters. So easy to get caught up in a whirl wind. Bring yourself back down so you can enjoy it....

Best Answer

oh my goodness you are amazing. that's everything i know i need to say to myself i'm just so in the clouds right now haha i need to come back to earth. and you know what else is driving me nuts? how quick do i do what with him? like we have unbelievable chemistry. and honestly, if i didn't have morals and the teeny bit of self control that i have then i so would've wanted to have s3x last night when things got hot and heavy but like im old fashioned compared to most kids my age and i take things slower. ive only been with one person sexually and i waited 4 months with him bc i was so scared and wanted to be very sure i was ready for my first time. and now i thought itd be easy to have s3x again but i feel like its just as scary. idk whats too early or not which is the last thing i thought id be worried about. i just dont wanna mess anything up with him. this guys special i can tell. he feels the same too and like weve talked about it and hes like im just following your lead like i wanna treat you like a princess and make sure u know im not a dbag that just wants s3x but im a guy so if i get caught up in things just slow me down and i understand. and on our date he even apologized so much after we did more then kissing bc he was like i rlly look like such a jerk now like i planned to be such a gentleman and take things so slow only peck you tonight and i let it go this far and im sorry like i just dont want you to confuse my intensions because i rlly think youre something special............. i dont even know like ugh im just so happy and overthinking everything bc i keep replaying everything in my head bc im so freaking happy!!!!

Best Answer

Anticipation...it's chemical and what comes next is the crash of reality. Hard road. So what you want to do is be real with yourself. He's just a new guy. All shiny and new yes...but he's just a person. don't give him the power to make or break your happiness. No one wants that. Trust me.
As far as the sex is concerned....you set the bar now for how he will treat you later. Sucks because I know your hormones are going batty as well. But you MUST be a LADY. When he crosses the line, say do it again and we won't be seeing each other any more. You need to respect me and my body. I need to get to know you before I decide if you deserve to have that side of me. Respect is respect. Are we clear on that? And if you have something real...he will only appreciate you more for it. Less in the clouds and more for real....

Best Answer

thank you so much for the advice :) my heads always in the clouds.. i'm quite the artsy/philosophical/hopeless romantic dreamer type. and i didnt wait as long as i thought i would at alllll.. i guess i did everything differently than i expected with him but for some reason i dont mind :) im learning more and more about the gray areas in life and seeing less black and white :) we've been dating for over a month now :) he had asked me to be his girlfriend like right after i posted this question. together since march 8th :)

Best Answer

Wouldn't know your already gone farther than I have in my entire life.

Best Answer

sh!t, that blows... i'm so sorry. it'll happen eventually! keep your head up.

Best Answer

Thanks. I know. But taking a second look at your question... I think all it really entails is that your interested in eachother and there will be more dates.

Best Answer

you know what? i agree. lol i definitely know that. like an hour into our date he was like ummmm so wanna hang thursday too? lol and we werent even supposed to go on a date til saturday but we got too impatient lol

Best Answer

After a first date? I'd say it must have been a very intense connection, and if you feel that he might be someone you want to see on a long term basis, then you're moving in the right direction. Making him your boyfriend might be something to decide after dating him exclusively for a while. To some people, titles are everything. If you want it to mean something, get to know him and let it happen organically.

Best Answer

yes first date but weve been talking for a bit like nonstop talking too haha we talk and talk and talk ffor hours and hours on end like our shortest conversation was 2day and it was 3 hours. we're ridiculous together like we lose track of time so bad. and then when we chilled like i cant even explainnnnnnn the chemistry. it was unfreakingreal. and he was such a gentleman and everything all night and then was the best kisser ever on top of it alllll. and hes a good communicator with expressing how he feels which is amazing. we're definitely moving in the right direction :)

Best Answer

Don't put a label on things at all-- ever. "Unofficially official"? "Boyfriend and Girlfriend"? "Pimp and Hoe"? Don't sweat it, just enjoy one another's company.

On a side note, if neither of you trust eachother enough to talk to the members of the opposite sex without breaking up, this relationships is doomed to fail already. You need space, and more than one friend to talk to.

Hope this helped!

Best Answer

oh no! he meant like talking as in like seeing other guys on a more than friends level you know what im sayin?

Best Answer