How does being on a beach make someone feel more comfortable wearing something that is more revealing that their underwear? I do understand the psychology behind it all. What I am trying to get at is why is that our psychology?
moocow2oo moocow2oo 26-30, M 4 Answers Aug 26 in Community

Well it is all about social norms, isn't it? We are accustomed to certain outlooks depending on the environment we are in. We sexualise undergarments because that's what the media does, bikinis aren't sexualised so we feel comfortable wearing them in public.

They may be the same thing but they will result in completely different reactions.

Best Answer

Very brilliant answer. Very concise and well thought out.

Best Answer

Thank you :)

Best Answer

I am a nudist and an exhibitionist, it is fun and arousing to wear a thin thong on a textile beach, where it is acceptable but borderline almost naked!

Best Answer

Bikinis are less revealing. At least, usually. Because underwear often has a bit of see-through in them. Because everyone is doing it and it is acceptable. It is a suit meant for swimming and many people swim at the beach. You don't see people swimming in winter coats at the pools, either.

Best Answer

stay off the beach then, and stop looking at the bikinis...lol

Best Answer