Sh1t, it hurts :S. So I was walking back home, for the water, and then some drunk idiot came out of the corner and wanted to take my money lol. He threw me a punch, but it was a slow punch so before he hit me I hit him back with the cross in the jaw. I think when I hit, my arm was kinda too relaxed and somehow I placed my finger wrong so now my finger and my knuckle seems huge. Would putting ice help? Thanks
yourbro yourbro 18-21, M 10 Answers Jul 26, 2012

I thy finger offends thee, cut off thine hand!<br />
Seriously, soak it in ice and take an anti-inflammatory like Motrin(Ibuprophen) or alleve(naproxene) soak it in ice water is the easiest. It's gonna swell up so see your doctor ASAP, too!

Best Answer

thank you for suggestion

Best Answer

no prob, do it quickly

Best Answer

get it checked out by the doctor...knuckle injuries should be looked at...now if you're going to do the regular "man" thing and not see the doc..straighten it and strap it to another finger ..expect some bruising...take some pain killers

Best Answer

Go to the doc and get it x-rayed, if it's broken don't let it just sit there.

Best Answer

thank you, and everybody else. I'll go see what I have in medical bag.

Best Answer

Ice it and take some ibuprofen (motrin, etc.). I would suggest doing this everyday for about a week maybe 2-3 times a day just to keep swelling down. Trust me it will keep swelling even after the first day. It should heal pretty quickly, but till then try not to punch anybody!

Best Answer

Do this, but also go get it exrayed.

Best Answer

eh, only when necessary. Hope it's not broken, because I couldn't train anymore. It only hurts badly when I try to move it

Best Answer

An x-ray isn't a bad idea, but usually the doctor can't do much about the situation except put it in a splint, and sometimes not even that. The main thing is immobilization, but again, sometimes it just can't be done.

Best Answer

ice, next time you throw a punch use the open palm technique, we were trained in the military to do this, you wont break a knuckle that way, but be careful because you can kill a person if you hit the nose bone just right

Best Answer

Hm, with the palm. That might work. Would it be better to hit to the side of the head, better than in front of? I'm sometimes afraid to punch in front to the face, or temple area, but when I think that he wouldn't even care about me, I just do how my instincts say.

Best Answer

jacksons (bloodsport) hammer smash saves fingers too :)

Best Answer

I broke my finger and it didn't hurt. I completely separated 2 bones. So I dunno what to tell you. Go to ER.

Best Answer

Ice won't help, try dropping a ten pound weight on your little toe. That'll fix ya right up.

Best Answer

I don't know if you're joking or serious lol.

Best Answer

I promise you'll forget all about your finger.lol

Best Answer

tape it to the closest finger and suck it up. pain will turn to an itch in a few days :)

Best Answer

I think I won't do this lol. I put some ice now, hope this helps

Best Answer

splint it to the other finger dood... trust me on that if you trust me on anything

Best Answer