Please be detailed if you can; I am considering applying for my Masters' in social work.
BloodyMary82 BloodyMary82 26-30, F 3 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Health

My experience with social workers has been all bad! I have family members at the Ph.D teaching level and the case worker level. When I was in a client position I found the case worker and the organization she worked for to be extremely gender prejudicial. It was accepted as normal that decisions were to be bias. I found their conduct to be comparable to that of an IRS agent. They make a good living on the misery of others, frequently increasing the troubles they are being paid to alleviate!<br />
My advice, do all you can to avoid becoming one of these parasites!

Best Answer

Sorry about your experience.

Best Answer

Oh nice to know that you're considering taking social work. Im not a social worker but a writer in a humanitarian NGO where I usually work with social workers. LIKE: You think you know everything or that you have the most problems in life? Wait until you hear the so-called poor tell their stories or see underdeveloped communities exist with basic needs you'll think you're from the future. DISLIKE: Sometimes, you get too attach to other people's problem that it becomes your own. KNOWN: I don't know anything about it. That's the beauty of it. You accept things as they are. Sometimes, you contribute more ideas because you've never been part of any social work. Other times, you become a "student."

Best Answer