Kletti Kletti 70+ 12 Answers Jul 20, 2012

Yes. and wanting to be socialist is like walking into quicksand after watching all your friends perish in it. Socialism is doomed to failure and destroys the entrepreneurial spirit. It is the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Best Answer

That is so not true. I am a socialist myself and I see nothing wrong in making the richer pay a little extra so that those in need can be helped. That's what socialism is about.

Best Answer

Socialism is also having all natural resources under control of the government. And, that sounds like a good idea until one reflects on anything the government has attempted to run. Then one becomes aware that without subsudies, in the form of increased taxation, the goverment manages to bankrupt anything and everything they become responsible for.Socialism sounds great in theory, but fails in reality because it doesn't provide for individual's incentive.

Best Answer

Explain Sweden. >.>

Best Answer

It's not working so hot these days they're dialing it back., besides,They are “socialist” in the sense that they have very high taxes with very generous social welfare services provided by the state, the famous “cradle-to-grave” welfare state. They are capitalist in the sense that they have low levels of interference in markets by the government, low levels of regulation, low levels of nationalization of industry and capital, and almost no protectionism.

Best Answer

Yes I do know what it means and I know what communism and Capitalism means too.<br />
I would argue more people have no clue what capitalism is then socialism.

Best Answer

Yep, and it is the way our country is heading sad to say

Best Answer

Really? How so?

Best Answer

Very few know what it means - not even the leadership of the British Labour Party.

Best Answer

Oh they know, but they also know it means being unelectable.

Best Answer

Why would it be unelectable? Look at what's happening in Holland currently. Next week we got elections and two of the three largest parties in the polls actively support socialism. This proves that socialism is electable.

Best Answer

Lots of parties

Best Answer

Can't tell if joking or simply retarded...

Best Answer

Sigh.. my joking does have that twist from time too time lol

Best Answer

freedom and equality for everyone

Best Answer

Sure I do, I am a socialist. It's about taking care of the weaker ones in society. Make the rich pay a little extra for the poor, so that everyone gets the same chances. Socialism contains the word social, wich means caring for each other. Not every man for himself but together helping each other out.

Best Answer

Collective ownership of the means of production; an unworkable situation due to the economic calculation problem.

Best Answer

No, that's communism. Socialism is something different.

Best Answer

No. It isn't. Socialism is the transitional state between capitalism and communism where the state takes control of the means of production. The transition to communism is complete when the state itself dissolves leaving only the workers collectives.

Best Answer

I've always thought this when I hear it thrown around a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Best Answer