kgraves001 kgraves001 18-21, F 3 Answers May 18 in Military

Wouldn't let me post on there so I'll post in the comments: <br />
So my soldier has just graduated from BCT and is headed to Airborne on this Thursday. He will be stationed in Italy which is hard enough on me. He was very distant in the way he acted towards me and we just had a conversation about him and I and his response was that he has been "overwhelmed lately" which I understand but he can at least act like I'm his girlfriend. He also said he doesn't know what to do. Any body had this problem before? I don't know what to do.

Best Answer

a soldier in a relation with a teen???? th... o_O

Best Answer

Um what

Best Answer

UM u r a teen.. y would a soldier go for a TEEN???

Best Answer

My soldier is 18

Best Answer

oh... sheesh. new work experiences of him,. chill.

Best Answer

Seriously

Best Answer

Happens... ever see "Full Metal Jacket"?

Best Answer

No I havent

Best Answer

Going through Marine Corps Boot camp changes people for life. Even if the change isn't immediate. Soldiers also have some very strenuous training, and trust me, it gets VERY mentally invasive... .it changes everything about you.

Best Answer

I'm just not sure if him and I can get along like we used to, he aid he is trying

Best Answer

Ask him to make a list of short term and long term goals. When you're not in them (excpet "get married" and "have children") then you need to re-explain the facts of life to him: You're a lady and you need date nights, weekly surprises that don't cost a thing (letters, breakfast in bed, etc) tell him he'll get back from your relationship what he puts into it.

Best Answer

But whatever you do.. don't mention my name to him.... lol I don't want him to come looking for me.... lol

Best Answer

He is being stationed in Italy for 2 years though

Best Answer

I'd still do it... especially if he's leaving... things like daily letters, he can still surprise you, but it would be far more difficult.... but it can be done....

Best Answer

I am going to try my hardest to make this work but it is a two sided deal. Today is our year anniversary and he's ... Idk just he isn't him. This isn't the man I fell in love with. I guess he needs time to adjust but it's hard. I. Know I'll never feel the way he does but it doesn't help when he won't talk to the one person that is here for him

Best Answer

He'll never adjust back to whom he was... but he can adjust to whom the two of you shall become, if you both work at it. Getting him to open up will be very hard. Perhaps the easiest way is to listen to him when he's around other military personnel, then ask easy questions later--don't probe, just be interested. Get him to tell you things the easy way... don't drag. It won't be easy... and good luck I wishe you the best.. :D

Best Answer

Thankyou so much. I will make his work with him. Throwing this away is not an option.

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

Just posted

Best Answer