Senior House Science Committee member Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) called evolution...\"Lies straight from Hell\"....www.huffingtonpost.com2012/10/06/paul-broun-evolution-big-bang_n_1944808.html/
goodogstay goodogstay 46-50, M 8 Answers Dec 16, 2013 in Politics

Well, these are the folks who brought you "legitimate rape" and female bodies that somehow refuse to become pregnant with an automatic biological shut-off switch. They refer to their Bibles instead of looking out the window. So they've established that they prefer their fairy tales.

Best Answer

Excellent!

Best Answer

They are Republicans. Expect them to be insane.

Best Answer

Excellent answer!

Best Answer

You'd think believing is SCIENCE would be a prerequisite to being a member of the House Science Committee. I'm not surprised that it's not.

Best Answer

I'm not surprised that believing in science is not a prerequisite to being a member of the House Science Committee either.....These tea-bagger Congressmen who've taken over the GOP make me sick

Best Answer

They evolved from turds.....

Best Answer

Could be, paddy.

Best Answer

Everyone has a different opinion. Not my opinion but still.

Best Answer

If theologians can't agree with theologians, and scientists can't even agree with other scientists on the origin if the universe, why would you expect politicians to agree? Besides the evolution creation debate has nothing to do with political persuasion, I know many devout catholic democrats that believe in creation and it does not make them insane or prevent them from doing their job!

Best Answer

Actually, the Catholic Church has recognized Darwinian Evolution for the past 60 years...It openly rejects Intelligent Design and Young Earth Creationism saying that "it pretends to be science"......www.io9.com/does-the-new-pope-believe-in-evolution-453874239/

Best Answer

By the way, I too know many Catholic Democrats; and none of them believe in Creationism.

Best Answer

Again not all agree and no one knows, so it's one theory against the other. My cousin Father John says the Catholic teaching is theistic evolution meaning that God was the driving force of the evolution and specifically that mankind is the direct creation of God.

Best Answer

It's not one 'theory' against another. Creationism is not a theory. It is a hypothesis. A theory, at least in scientific terms, is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation. The whole idea that you can compare creationism and evolution as competing theories shows a complete lack of understanding of the most basic concepts in science.

Best Answer

I agree 100%.

Best Answer

First, +1 for having a link... these questions never seem to have citations. Secondly, meh.

Best Answer

Although, now that I've tried it, the link didn't work for me :/

Best Answer

Sorry about that...I misspelled his name....I changed the link...it should work now.

Best Answer

I don't believe in some House Republicans.

Best Answer