Wtf...idiots these days.
nonethics nonethics 18-21, M 10 Answers Dec 17, 2013 in Health

You might consider changing your username to "nobrains" so as to be more accurate.

Best Answer

I am sure there are areas where you are ignorant. I wouldn't call you an idiot, though.

Best Answer

When I make a cup of tea and pour the hot water into the cup... does the water disappear?

Best Answer

.............Are you stupid or just pretending to be?

Best Answer

no im just saying some people are allergic to water cannot drink water without their throat closing but theyre sort of ok with milk tea etc

Best Answer

That would not be what I've heard. Anything with moisture in it IS COMPRISED OF WATER. Meaning they may have less of a reaction but they still HAVE a reaction. Regardless Most of the 'allergy' (it's not really an allergy) stems from the chemicals IN the water. Meaning rainwater, tapwater, sweat, or ANYTHING wet can cause a reaction. However the condition is so rare, triggers so common, and severity fluctuates to the point that one may be able to tolerate hot tea but not cold, or able to drink milk, but not juice. It is not a hard and fast rule. So your argument is as holey as a bum's shoe.

Best Answer

Air isn't a specific substance, it is a mixture of whatever gasses are floating around. So smoke is part of the air, not the other way around. But if you were to say that smoke is 90% oxygen and nitrogen then it might make sense. It's more like saying milk is 99% liquid.

Best Answer

What an Idiot!

Gaaaah!

Smoke is more like 99.969074318% Air!

Best Answer

but tea (in solution) is, so why is he an idiot?

Best Answer

no tea doesnt contain water at least not a significant amount

Best Answer

that's why I said in solution, tea leaves are about 8% water measured by loss on drying, I run a lab that does that sort of stuff

Best Answer

not enough to cause a bad allergic reaction

Best Answer

Tea the drink?

Best Answer

Don't mind chuckles there. He also thinks orange juice doesn't have water in it. To come up with the 99% figure, I compared the dry weight of the amount of tea I use to make a gallon of tea. Nothing fancy.

Best Answer

sounds goods to me, we could always boil off all the water and weigh the residual amount - I bet it would be even less than 1%! :-)

Best Answer

He isnt wrong you know. Processed milk might be somewhere in 80-95% water, but he is correct. Once smoke is formed, it becomes air, so you're wrong, its 100% air.

Best Answer

then explain how people allergic to water (called aquagenic urticaria) cannot drink water without their throats closing but can drink milk / oj, etc.

Best Answer

You cant be alergic to water, you might be alergic to the stuff in water, but not water itself

Best Answer

actually, aquagenic urticaria is diagnosed by placing tap water, then distilled water on the skin. if they react to the distilled water theyre diagnosed as being allergic to water. its rare but well documented and accepted in the medical community just like any other allergy.

Best Answer

I double checked just to make sure, but its not that simple.

Best Answer

its still an allergic reaction to water. just like being allergic to nuts.

Best Answer

Fine, ill let you have this victory just for today

Best Answer

I admire your self control, but I was waiting for a flight when I engaged him back an forth for 40 comments. I thought he was trolling, but he seems to believe sincerely that orange juice, milk, tea, and cola do not have water in them.

Best Answer

Ive had worse trolls than him

Best Answer

explain how these people do not react to orange juice.

Best Answer

I already did. You just don't read at an adult level. For more evidence of that, you need only go back and see that I never commented of the percentage of water in milk.

Best Answer

well you proved me right when i said in response to your comment milk doesnt contain enough water to cause a reaction

Best Answer

Lol, you are hopeless. Look, I'm not going to bother kwbc by sending him a notification every time your brain has a seizure. Go read a biochemistry book.

Best Answer

i did. i know how allergic reactions work. the water molecules bind to ige receptors.. just like sulfites, proteins, formaldehyde etc..

Best Answer

(as badly)

Best Answer

Lol, I guess both are true.

Best Answer