I believe it does exist because it seems like it does and no argument on the contrary has convinced me otherwise.

Best Answer

I like to believe in free will... But I also believe in cause and affect... down to the subatomic level...... and that makes everything theoretically predictable..... But since the pattern to vastly too fine, and large to adequately model... and in practice unpredictable... it might as well be free will....

Best Answer

Nice extrapolation. I believe in "free will" and in "Cause and effect." However, when talking about humanity, there is a cognitive process that needs to be accommodated. I can attempt to cause you to do something. Then you CHOOSE to either comply or not. I think the cognitive process interferes with the cause and effect scenario.

Best Answer

That cognitive process is an electro/chemical process... and with enough data, and complex enough model, can be predicted... negating the idea of free will... don't dwell on it... It's better to believe that it's free will...

Best Answer

Agreed...electrochemical process and easily modifiable by external stimuli like RSI's and other mood altering drugs. But if that is true, how can there be thought transfer from one person to another?

Best Answer

The obvious answer is... They think a thought.. it comes out the mouth... and into the ear... and mind of the listener.. Thought Transfer... Unless you are talking about telepathy... and that is more of a sympathetic resonance thru electro-magnetism.... True.. but again.. Doesn't support either Free Will, or predetermination.

Best Answer

I gotta ask someone how to answer this- wait here

Best Answer

K....resting his widdle fingues on da keys...tapping...tapping...

Best Answer

huh, huh, huh (***panting***) OK, huh, I'm back- Everyone said "NO".

Best Answer

LOL....NO? Cmon Babz...pick one.

Best Answer