It says you can supposedly get your taxes done for free if you're single & not itemizing any deductions... Is there a catch? I did a quick Google and didn't find anything but the official websites for Jackson Hewitt and H&R Block.
chasinghappiness07 chasinghappiness07 22-25, F 3 Answers Jan 31, 2013 in Hobbies

They will do your Fed tax for free, then charge you about $40 to do your state taxes. Worth it if you don't want to bother with it and your getting a good refund. Very easy to just do it yourself.

Best Answer

Ahh okay. :) Thank you. It's better than the $250 the other place we checked out quoted me for, lol.

Best Answer

Found some info:

*Free offer is for Federal 1040EZ with up to two W-2s. Form 1040EZ is generally used by single or married taxpayers who claim no dependents and who do not itemize deductions. Additional fees apply for state, local and more complex federal tax returns, financial products and other services. Most offices are independently owned and operated.

Best Answer

If you ever looked at the IRS short form, you would see that it is so simple. If you're single and not itemizing it is about a four minute job. No real work required.

Best Answer

Sooo are you telling me I should do it myself? Or are you telling me it's really easy so it makes sense that it would be free as a publicity thing for future business?

Best Answer

Either or. But if you can add and read simple instructions it is really very simple. Seriously it would take you less than 4 mins. to do.

Best Answer