Sure, if you want lied to again. It doesn't matter if their intentions were "good" you know what they say about "good intentions." Plus, they obviously thought that THEY knew best, and they had such little regard for your trust, and their own word, that they broke it, so screw them. (I speak from experience, the same thing's happened to me, and the guy thought he was in the right, and he's screwed over other friends, and family since he lied to me.) A person is only as good as their word. If they break it, then there's no point in being around that person anymore.

Best Answer

This situations a little different. I understand the broken trust thing, but this person lied so that I would do better at something I really wanted to succeed in. It worked I guess, but when I found out it felt bad.

Best Answer

Yea, I guess I'm a little biased, 'cause in my case the dude just betrayed me. Maybe your guy did help you out, but everybody knows that being lied to sucks, and it's pretty douchey to do it. Maybe "Forgive, but don't forget," lol!

Best Answer

Yeah. Maybe.

Best Answer

Thanks! That's how I was raised, and that's how I've thought my whole life. I have my vices, like everyone, but dishonesty, and betrayal isn't one of them, thankfully.

Best Answer

You have to... hardship will make you bitter or better. Bitterness is poison to your spirit. It may take time to work through the hurt, but keep going until you can get to forgiveness. It will be worth it!!

Best Answer

Forgive them. You should no longer trust them.

Best Answer

And you have never lied? yes...forgive them. If it had been a vindictive lie to hurt and cause you pain. Then I would not have them as a friend.

Best Answer

I have lied, but not to cause pain. The thing is that it wasn't really a "friend" as such, the relation was different. But I did trust them.

Best Answer

Well if they have admitted to you that it was a lie.
I feel that you have even more reason to forgive them.

Best Answer

They told me in a way that was a little bit harsh, but I guess it was better they told me. Maybe you're right.

Best Answer

I see the point you're making, but a lie, (like, "No, Mom! I didn't eat the last cookie!) and betraying a trust, or a confidence are two completely different things. Betrayal, there's no excuse for, really.

Best Answer

It depends on her circumstances....I'm sure she will decide for herself what the best course of action is in regards to the person who lied.
I am not about to project my experience's with others that have lied to me. We all make our own judgement and choices about things at the end of the day. So be it.

Best Answer

Yep. That makes sense.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer