Usually people that accuse other people of having a chip on their shoulder are seriously envious of other people and trying to find some way of smashing them down. Don't feel too bad. You probably outsmarted them and they can't stand it. A chip on one's shoulder is a sign of courage. chow.

Best Answer

I have been told that I have a chip on my shoulder, lol. It is frustrating because as you can see by the answers already given, it can mean different things to different people. Generally it means you have an attitude problem. <br />
People with attitude problems don't know that they have an attitude problem. That is what makes it so hard to fix. I personally have been told that I have an attitude problem or "a chip on my shoulder" more often when I was younger but it still happens these days. The thing is, it always happens when I think I have a good attitude. I think in most cases it goes away the older you get. I hope so anyway.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for responding and understanding where I am coming from. I wish i would have gotten more feedback from the person who told me, I cant wait for my insurance to kick in. My attitude and outlook on life are ruining me, just wish there was an answer or solution.

Best Answer

It means you have a attitude problem and hangup this is not a compliment and therapy and talking about what bothers you could help fix this just try to be cheery and your chip on your shoulder would go away lol goodluck:)

Best Answer

thanks, i knew it was some sort of an insult but urban dictiony isn't always the most accurate.

Best Answer

translation : Your holding on to an issue that needs to be resolved .

Best Answer

Give the guy credit for wanting to learn more. Frankly, I learned more about having a chip on my shoulder after someone said that to me - then it was personal and I wanted to understand more than "you hold a grudge" so I looked online too. It's worse to ignore rather than being vulnerable and asking.

Best Answer